My goal is 1.5, right in the middle. :)
  • caroandjemy
    caroandjemy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think that is a good idea :)
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My goal is 120 and I'm also 5'3. I have mine set at 2 lbs a week, though sometimes some weeks are better than others. I've lost 39 lbs since last April. I started at 204 lbs and now I weigh 165 lbs.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'd say it has to do with how many calories you'll be given to eat and how you handle it. If you start out at 2 pounds per week and find that you're always hungry you can always bump it down to 1.5 pounds per week. Or vice versa.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    what I do is set it for two pounds and then if I'm having a particularly rough week, or I'm feeling a little on the ragged side, I'll knock it back down to a pound. I always eat a deficit, but I let my body tell me how much of a deficit it's willing to handle on any given day/week
  • TabithaCayo
    TabithaCayo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1.5-2 lbs a week. I have a goal of loosing about 90lbs now I am currently down 8 in 4 weeks. I am 5'5 weighting 132. I am doing Les Mills Pumped right now, walking, biking and yoga depending on my mood. I love this web-site it is helping me to stay on track.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I'd say it has to do with how many calories you'll be given to eat and how you handle it. If you start out at 2 pounds per week and find that you're always hungry you can always bump it down to 1.5 pounds per week. Or vice versa.

This.

• JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I set mine to 2 pounds per week at first but made it 2.5 later because the numbers were so easy to hit. In reality, some weeks I hit 1 pound and other weeks I hit 2 or more.

I do not see why you would want to limit yourself to 1 pound per week on the calculator. It is not very accurate. /you could wind up not losing anything or even gaining.

It all ties in together. You have to make sure your initial entry is correct as far as sedentary, physical work, etc or your numbers will be off as well.

Best way to make sure your numbers on MFP are correct is to calculate your BMR (basal metabolic rate) with an online calculator or elsewhere. Then you adjust that based on your goals, etc
  • Christinaluvly
    Christinaluvly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I set mine to 2lbs per week, but gave myself some wiggle room if I needed it. Some weeks I lose two, some weeks I only lose one. I shoot for a greater loss but I am happy with whatever I can achieve.