Crampy left food.

Options
I've got a bit of a problem with my left foot, it is prone to causing me some discomfort. Sometimes it feels as though i've pulled something in to front of my foot and struggle to put weight on it without getting a painful or numbing sensation. It kept me off impact sports for a week before and I had a limp for 4 days.
Also in one pair of my running trainers it goes completely dead or painful.
I don't know of any foot conditions that can stem from excessive running but it is tarting to worry me... something to do with technique maybe?

Replies

• Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was going to say, you should try eating more right food.

But, for serious answers. Look in to better insoles "Superfeet". Also, maybe go to a running store and they can look at your gait and give you some recommendations. Maybe your laces are too tight? That's always my problem and my foot falls asleep around mile 2.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have what I have, although your symptoms are a bit different from mine they do sound familiar from my reading up on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morton's_neuroma

Does that sound familiar? Mine was only painful and super tingly, never numb.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    kmccann357 wrote: »
    I've got a bit of a problem with my left foot, it is prone to causing me some discomfort. Sometimes it feels as though i've pulled something in to front of my foot and struggle to put weight on it without getting a painful or numbing sensation. It kept me off impact sports for a week before and I had a limp for 4 days.
    Also in one pair of my running trainers it goes completely dead or painful.
    I don't know of any foot conditions that can stem from excessive running but it is tarting to worry me... something to do with technique maybe?

How tight are your laces on your shoes? If my laces are too tight my feet go numb about half way through my run. You may want to see a podiatrist just to rule out something major.