Hi all - just starting - again n need motivation and support

37 yr old mom of two - 14 and 2 1/2 yrs. I am a type 2 diabetic over 193 lbs at 5'4" and feeling down and out. Looking for support and motivation to help me get down to about 120 lbs and hopefully get off the diabetic meds too.

Replies

• veronicakelly351
    veronicakelly351 Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi, I only started on this last week.. It taken me a while to get used to things. Trying to sync pedometer to my fitness was a nighmare but I think Ive cracked it now. Felt a bit despondant after 7 days as nothing seemed to be happening then this morning Id lost my first llb and a half inch of my measurements so keep at it!!!. Im 198 lbs (197 now :-) and 5.4 myself so we are very alike in size... . Ive been out walking late afternoon and doing 10,000 steps. It clears my mind and getting me fit at the same time. .. when did you start?
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Get a fitbit. It'll motivate you to get out and walk/run more.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Welcome back to MFP!
  • JJo12
    JJo12 Posts: 18
    Feel free to add me! I'm looking to lose 10 by April:) need help with food habits. I can definitely help with exercise encouragement. Love running outdoors.
  • mbutler64
    mbutler64 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi,
    Its my first day and I am looking for positive people to connect with. I am 5'9" 210lbs i would like to get down to 180 with my height that is a size 12 for me. So I hope we can inspire each other. Today I plan on going to the gym i bought a membership in January, yea it was my New Year's resolution and I HAVE NOT gone one day. But I said today is the day. I'm going to keep it simple and just walk on the tread mill for 1 hour.
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    I'm on board with the fitbit movement as well. I love knowing how many steps I take and how active I really am instead of guessing. Whatever you do, don't give up. If you fall off, shake it off and get back at it. My goal is 50 pounds by Halloween. :-)
  • Star1065
    Star1065 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I only started on this last week.. It taken me a while to get used to things. Trying to sync pedometer to my fitness was a nighmare but I think Ive cracked it now. Felt a bit despondant after 7 days as nothing seemed to be happening then this morning Id lost my first llb and a half inch of my measurements so keep at it!!!. Im 198 lbs (197 now :-) and 5.4 myself so we are very alike in size... . Ive been out walking late afternoon and doing 10,000 steps. It clears my mind and getting me fit at the same time. .. when did you start?
    I'm on board with the fitbit movement as well. I love knowing how many steps I take and how active I really am instead of guessing. Whatever you do, don't give up. If you fall off, shake it off and get back at it. My goal is 50 pounds by Halloween. :-)

• Star1065
    Star1065 Posts: 3 Member
    Just started a couple days ago - I tried once before but gave up really quickly. My health has taken a turn for the worse and I'm determined to fix it the best way I can. The list so far is type 2 diabetes - uncontrolled - on medication and insulin but lead a very sedentary lifestyle. Have tachycardia from high sugar and meds I'm on, clinical depression, anxiety/panic disorder, and of course a compromised immune system. I've been sick more on than off for 4 months straight and my weight has crept up. Some days it's hard to even get out of bed at all. NOT looking for sympathy or pity here just filling in. With that said I'm thinking Tai Chi and maybe light Yoga to start? Can't get too much cardio until the rapid heart rate thing gets under control. Is this a good choice?