My Story: one year on MFP & my first half Marathon (lots of pics!)

Options
12346»

Replies

• April_Chicken
    April_Chicken Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing transformation!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I realize this is a zombie thread, but WOW! OP, please check back in and let us know how you're doing now?
  • BlackWallet
    BlackWallet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so thrill and inspired with your life struggle with weight and how YOU took control of this addiction and feel wonderful and look awesome. I'm trying but I cannot exercise because I have a muscle disease, arthritis and 7 herniated discs. My weight loss is slow also due to an under active thyroid. It's taken me 2 years to lose 32 pounds just with portion control and right food choices. Do you have any other suggestions for me because I've hit a plateau?
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! Congrats on your success! Sorry you had to go through some rough times. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • baritoneguy4553
    baritoneguy4553 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goodness, this story is absolutely amazing!! You have inspired me so much. I'm not giving up ever!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Really wish I could click the Awesome button more than once. You rock!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    An amazing story-bravo to you & your success!! You look so healthy & happy-just beautiful!! Thanks for sharing-how inspiring to all of us :)
  • ShelJomfp
    ShelJomfp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    JengaJess wrote: »
    I started to learn more about TDEE and BMR....This worked really well FOR ME!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

First thing I noticed is, you've always been active and social, two things which are hard for some of us. This speaks directly, imho, to your outlook and presence in the life you lead. Then you did the most sensible and sane thing and formed an eating and workout style which is sustainable. And, rather than stop there you continued to goal set and succeed. Success isn't linear and you seem to recognize and accommodate that.

You're a rock star!
  • VeronicaShukla
    VeronicaShukla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Crying here too! What an amazing story! Well done!
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What an amazing, inspiring story!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • julyskb
    julyskb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have chill bumps reading your story! Beautiful! Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment!
  • feri832000
    feri832000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow.... It was an inspiration.... Congratulations on your success!
    I wish you a wonderful life.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I did my first half marathon last year, and while it may have taken me over 3 hours to finish, I was still dang proud of myself. It's definitely not something I could have done when I used to weigh 300 pounds. You go girl! You've inspired me to get off my couch and go run
  • malone62
    malone62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Explainan the weekend
  • malone62
    malone62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new a just starting
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    I'm cheering for you!!
    Sounds like you're Living Your Best Life!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!