Hello Im Adam :), Help motivate me!

Options
Hey :), my name is Adam this is my second time on this after gaining further weight, I do great for 2 weeks that always just fall back into my usual pizza obsession, Im 21 and i weigh 104 kg, is there any motivational hints/tips to help shred the pounds, keep them off as well as keep me motivated. Cheers Crew - Adam :) x

Replies

• SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello Adam :)

I did the same last year although I gave up after about 4 months of doing great. Best advice I can give is don't deprive yourself. Eat whatever you like as long as it fits your goals. Make whatever you do sustainable long term, otherwise it's way more difficult than it needs to be.
  • zbelloni831
    Options
    Hi Adam! This may sound vain but when I lost a bunch of weight the first time I used this app my selfie game was on point! Not in a conceited way, but in a way that I could see the difference in photos and that was great motivation to keep going. Also utilizing the step and excericise tracker made it a bit more fun to push myself doing everyday small things to burn off calories. Best of luck buddy!!!
    -Zack
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    can you eat pizza in moderation or are you simply incapable of stopping once you start eating it? you need to want this enough to keep yourself motivated for more than two weeks. can you just budget in pizza during the week so that you don't fall off the boat but aren't miserable and prone to binging?
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Here is all I can say on the matter.
    Find the determination to make it a priority if it is truly something you want to accomplish. It doesn't mean you have to starve yourself or spend hours in the gym. It just means you have to make better choices 'most' of the time. Logging accurately will be one of the best decisions you make.
    I was where you were and maybe far worse and in 6 months I made it! You can totally do this. To be honest it wasn't even that difficult. Maintenance is even easier than losing the weight!
  • a_heppenstall
    a_heppenstall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi zach what is step track as I havent seen it yet, Zara if i have pizza in front of me i really cant stop and thanks for the advice zara
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change.
  • a_heppenstall
    a_heppenstall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice sunnyside
  • creolefitness18
    creolefitness18 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam! Guess what I love pizza too LOL. Try making it yourself at home and add more veggies. If you need motivation I will check your page each day. Don't give up!
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I agree with @sunnyside1213 I do not even like the word "diet" and I prefer to say "nutrition".

Only you can find that motivation (I reached the limit of my pants... plus middle-age man boobs). Once you find the motivation within yourself then work every day to burn more calories than you consume. Get educated on proper nutrition. Make a decision and then start to make small (but lasting) lifestyle changes.

Personally I limit my carbs and sugars. They are a train wreck on my body.
  • GarryA1987
    GarryA1987 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Bud! As above, dieting is a huge lifestyle change and if you jump into it feet first and make drastic changes, you have more chance of failing - it happened to me more times than I care to remember!

You want to ease yourself into it, use your weight and height to work out how many calories your body burns off with no exercise per day (to maintain current weight), then get yourself into a calorie deficit. As long as you are eating below your maintenance calories, depending on how many you subtract, you WILL lose weight.

You CAN do it, you have to really want it and put your mind to it. I started my diet again 5-6 weeks ago after jumping back up to 211lbs, I am now 197lbs with no exercise and will add exercise into my diet in the next coming month.

Remember, calories in - calories out, work out your macros (fat / carbs / protein) and just work hard and stick at it :)
  • fightingoldbadhabits
    Options
    Adam - you get 21 meals (if you eat 3x/day all week). One pizza binge a week won't negate the other 20. Enjoy your pizza big time, the important thing is don't beat yourself up if you do eat it, forgive yourself, be kind, and move forward.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam

I've only just been here for a month but I find picking one day a week to have a splurge is key. Not necessarily go over (I eat less for the rest of the day) but if you know you have something you love to look forward to on Friday night (or whenever), it'll help keep you going the rest of the time. However key is also to pick that meal carefully. For me, I know that I absolutely cannot stop if I open a bag of chips - so they are completely out of my diet until I get to maintenance. But I also love Indian takeaways (damn those creamy sauces!) but can control that better, so that's my Friday night special meal. On Friday I have small other meals and exercise as well, but if I go over it doesn't matter for one meal a week!

I wish you the best of luck.