Is it more important to reach your protein goal or stay below your fat goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    enkenny wrote: »
    I should add not just losing weight. Losing a few pounds but also get fit / gain muscle.
    Those are completely separate goals.

This. Also am I correct on those grams of protein? I always hear different things.

Are you asking me or the OP a question?
    I should add not just losing weight. Losing a few pounds but also get fit / gain muscle.
    Those are completely separate goals.

Lose fat? I'm not sure how to word it sorry if it didn't make sense. Maybe I should just say stop looking like a muffin.

If you want to lose fat then eat at a caloric dedicit, get in adequate nutrition and lift heavy. You can lose fat and attempt to preserve as much muscle as you can.

To achieve both simultaneously you're looking at a recomp and the chances of you achieving that now, from the start, with no experience are slim to none.

Sorry, I was asking you.
    1 lb of lbm as you recommended will generally get you within the vicinity of .6-.87g per lb of bodyweight which is good enough. So both answers would be correct.

If you weigh 138 lbs, .87g would put you at 120 which is sufficient. If you were in the 20-25% bf range you are looking at 104-111g if you went by 1g per lb of lbm. The numbers aren't to far off. In leaner individuals you could see recommendations that are a but higher but many here don't really need to worry about all that.

Ah okay, thank you.
  • enkenny
    enkenny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!