336 days, 29.8lbs gone.

Options
missiontofitness
missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
Can't believe I'm posting my "before" photo. I wasn't one of those smart people who took a photo of when they first began, but the "before" photo is from one of my many false starts on this site since 2011. The left is April of 2012. The right was taken tonight, right after my steak dinner. :)

psaslw3lntuu.png

I started here on March 14th, 2014 at around 148-150. My April 2012 photo, I was around 145lbs, so a few pounds shy of my current starting weight.

I've been on this site since 2011, and I never knew how to utilize it correctly. I was one of those "2lbs a week? Awesome!" people, even though I didn't have a large amount of weight to lose, and was making myself miserable on 1,200 calories a day. I was one of those "I'm doing everything right (except I wasn't weighing my food, and was relying on MFP for my calorie burns), but I'm not losing weight!" people. I was one of those people who rarely utilized the forums. I didn't approach this in the best way for me, and I started and quit multiple times before today.

I'm very grateful for the "pals" I've picked up along the way during this last 336 day stint, because they have been a wealth of knowledge, support, and positive PMs here and there. After a bad breakup last year, plus being one of my highest weights ever, I came onto the forums to have a whiny rant, and ended up with one of my first pals for this current stint. Since then, I have followed .5lb/week loss religiously, been a frequent flyer on these forums, completely changed my outlook on weight loss and food, and learned so many invaluable tools that have lead me to today.

I weighed in at 120.2lbs the other day. I haven't seen that number in years. I'm just a few short pounds away from my high school weight, and preparing to start lifting. I'm very happy with my progress, and I'd just like to make a point to not get discouraged. I took the slow and steady route, and it was the best decision I could have made. Keep at it, and you can reach your goals too. :)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!