troubleshooting runtastic libra 'smart scale'

Options
I'm not even entirely sure this is the appropriate category, but I've searched through Google and these forums (runtastic doesn't seem to have their own forum, unless I overlooked something, and their product support seems a bit...lacking), and can't find anything of help; I mostly come up with user reviews, etc.

I've used the Libra successfully with my iPhone 5 (iOS7) before; I think the last time I used it was January 22, and once before that was December 25. A couple days ago, I tried to weight myself for the first time since then, and it read I was weighing 17lbs! After a VERY long day, I didn't have the time or the patience to try and troubleshoot this device.

Now, I've come back to it, and it's giving me the same readings, only an inaccurate weight, and no other data (BMI, Muscle Mass, Body Water Content, etc.). It's connecting via Bluetooth, but doesn't "know" the user. I cleaned my phones cache, deleted and re-installing the app, pressed the reset button on the scale itself, nothing works.

At that point I figured this could be due to the iOS update (I only got it a couple weeks ago), but I can't find anything on this matter though Google. All that comes up on their support website is a copy of the instruction manual in PDF format, and an initial "How-To" video.

I ordered this though Amazon, and I don't believe that returning it is an option, as too much time has passed.

If anyone can give any advice regarding how to re-calibrate or otherwise fix this problem, I'd appreciate it

Replies

• deannak770
    deannak770 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. What did you find out? Were you able to figure out how to reset it? Thanks!!
  • Mesteek
    Mesteek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve had the same problem with incorrect readings let me know if you find a solution. Plan in to troubleshoot again after not having you used it for almost a year.