Maintaining Weight But Gaining?

Options
So I've been maintaining my weight for almost a year now but I seem to be going through this cycle of losing and gaining 3-4 lbs and was wondering if any of you guys experienced this in maintenance? I weigh in every week at the same time and eat roughly 1500 calories a day my eating habits haven't changed much since losing the weight so what gives? Is this normal?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    natural body weight fluctuations can be 3-5 Lbs day to day easily...
  • ronnie786
    ronnie786 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Hi there thanks for the reply I know weight fluctuates daily. Thats why I weigh in weekly but I never get an accurate reading :\
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    absolutely! I have the same fluctuations, due to TOM, due to sodium, due to loo issues (sorry tmi!), but month on month I maintain within a 2-3lb range off my goal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ronnie786 wrote: »

Hi there thanks for the reply I know weight fluctuates daily. Thats why I weigh in weekly but I never get an accurate reading :\

you shouldnt have a single number as your maintenance figure, it should be a range (probably around 5lb unless you are particularly sensitive to fluctuations) to account for these fluctuations...
  • bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes, mine fluctuate like crazy 106-112, to keep things on tract I fit my non-stretch tight old jean every week, as long as it fits they way it should I'm happy :smile: !
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

And you never will. What makes you think skipping 6 days and weighing on the 7th will magically stabilize random fluctuation?

Correction: It's probably pretty accurate, just not *consistent* from week to week.

Get used to it.

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

And you never will. What makes you think skipping 6 days and weighing on the 7th will magically stabilize random fluctuation?

Correction: It's probably pretty accurate, just not *consistent* from week to week.

Get used to it.

^This.

I know some people aren't happy with daily weighing, but it might help understand what you're fluctuations normally are, even if you only do it for a few weeks.