Any recommendations for a food scale? Stay away from??

Options
page68
page68 Posts: 220 Member
I'm in need of a good food scale to help with portion control. Any suggestions?? I don't need fancy with a million bells and whistles, just plain old easy-to-use and care for.

Thanks!!

Replies

• girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser one. Got it at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $20. I like it :smile:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I got a digital postage scale. It does ounces and grams so you don't have to convert in your head. :-) That's all you really need!
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    I just bought one at Walmart! (digital) $20.00 - (sorry can't remember the brand name) I'm so glad I bought one, I was way undercutting myself in certain areas (which isn't a bad thing I guess) .....Oh how I love how much 30grams of cheese acutally is!! :heart:

P.S. It has oz/gram/lb and the tare option :)
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I recommend buying a digital food scale with the ability to switch between ounces and grams. I find it easier to measure food out in grams instead of 1/2, 1/3, etc. ounces. If I want half an ounce (1 oz = 28 g), then I just measure out to 14 grams. Almost all food products list serving sizes in both ounces and grams anyway. You'll also want a "zero" button so that you can set your bowl or plate directly on the scale, hit the zero, and then proceed to measure. Makes is super easy to measure out ingredient by ingredient (i.e. salads - 100 grams of lettuce [zero], 24 grams of tomato [zero], 14 grams of cheese, etc). If you haven't done so already, I also suggest purchasing measuring cups and spoons.