workout and chronic pain

Options
I suffer with chronic pain was hoping to make friends with those who share this affliction I'd like to learn what routines you can do so I can too

Replies

• Jambieyed
    Options
    Hi my name is Jacky I too live with chronic pain for the longest time I was constantly underweight my doctor changed some of my medications and I put on 20+ pounds I'm miserable and overtly self conscious about my "new" body want to be "motivation/understanding" buddies?
  • cranberrytape
    cranberrytape Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It all depends on what your condition is and what kinds of exercises exacerbate the pain. Have you talked to your doctor or a physical therapist about this?

Personally, I love the recumbent bike. It's easy to use, I get a good workout without straining my body too much, and it isn't jarring or rough in any way. A lot of people with chronic pain also enjoy swimming because it takes a lot of pressure off of their joints and muscles.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I have OA and swim+acquagym. The right exercises can really help--talk to your doctor to see what is recomended.
  • wendykennedy219
    wendykennedy219 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have herniated discs with nerve pain. I try your do short bursts of cardiovascular as after ten mins I am in moderate pain. Treadmill is easier than walking outside as I can hang on, taking pressure off. Yoga has been a god send for alleviating pain. My yoga teacher does yoga therapy and she got me walking after Physio didn't help much. Feel free to add me as a friend.