Second Call- LS Walk at Home Challenge- 14th June

Options
rjm8185
rjm8185 Posts: 81 Member
This s the second call for people to join our Leslie Sansone Walk at Home Challenge, if you've already put your name forward thats great, you don't need to put it down again but you can get back to me with your monthy target. You dont have to follow the DVD you can just walk anywhere to clock up the miles

Anyone interested in a Leslie Sansone Walk at home challenge. Completing one of her walking DVD's everyday (if possible) for a month. I'm new to all this but I'm going to try and walk 50 Miles between 15 June and 15 July. I think her DVD are great for people who are not used to much exercise and need something a little easier. It would be great if we could get a team of walkers and maybe try and hit 500 miles or even a 1000 if there's enough people interested. Just let us know if your interested and tell us what your target is for the month and we can all report back as we go along and try to encourage each other, Go on give it a try.
Rob PS. STARTS MONDAY 14 JUNE 2010

Replies

• UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I don't have a DVD so I'm just wondering how I can possibly complete this with you guys.

Sounds cool though, may be interested.
  • rjm8185
    Options
    No problem Maneyes, if you can get access to youtube.com you can follow a 1 mile walk, heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk

Or you can just walk outside for a mile a day or 2 miles or whatever suits you.
    so if you say a mile a day that should take about 15 minutes if you walk at a brisk pace.
    That would give you a target of 30 miles in the month.

Hope you can join us.
    Rob
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think I shall try to do this. I am going to aim for 20 miles this month (seeing as I don't do a lot of walking now and I play ultimate frizbee twice a week). Depending on how the month is going, maybe I'll up that up within the first couple of weeks. Sounds good :D
  • mcbeth
    mcbeth Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've just started walking 2 miles 3 times a week, that would give me 26 miles for June. If that will work I'd like to join.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    i'd like to shoot for 50 miles between 6/15 and 7/15; count me in!!

Look forward to walking with you ,
    Janet :heart:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I originally responded to the first thread but didn't have time to give my goals. I won't be walking every day due to my schedule. I usually get in a couple of workouts during the weekdays and pile up on the weekend. Since I've been walking a while I'm going to try and do 50 miles for the month. :smile:
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Hi Everyone, we've had a great response and we now had 31 names in our walking team

We have decided to call ourselves The SWaT TEAM. And this is our June 14th Challenge (Sansone Walking Team)

I have most peoples mile targets for the month and some are gong to send them on Monday (please send them to me anytime)

If you want to ADD me as a friend that might make it easier to keep informed and MOTIVATED (hopefully)

New Walkers always welcome, All you have to do s WALK. Either with Leslie's DVD's or on the treadmill or walking the dog etc etc.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, LETS HIT THOSE TARGETS, WE CAN ALL DO IT. LETS WALK ACROSS THE POND (Atlantic)
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hello,iresponded to the first thread also.I'm going to do 25 miles to start,but hope to do more.i'm looking forward to this.I have 2 of her dvds.
    My name is Holly
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Thats brilliant Holly, well done. We have over 30 walkers in our SWaT TEAM now. Lets go for it !!!!
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    This challenge sounds great! I've been reading some other challenges this morning and this sounds like the best for me at this point. Count me in! Im going to start with 25 miles for June. Hoping to do more.

Marie
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Thats brilliant, thanks for joining the SWaT TEAM Challenge (Sansone Walk Team)

there are over 30 walkers in the team now, Great !!!