Today Instead of...

Options
Rooster0504
Rooster0504 Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone, I recently quit smoking (8 weeks free now!) and wanted to apply something that helped me in that forum here. We used to play this game, instead of, where everyday you would post something you did instead of smoking. Now my biggest challenge to getting my fitness where I want it is unregulated and unhealthy snacking. So today instead of a cookie I ate an apple. Let me know what you're replacing your bad habits with! Doesn't have to be other foods, you could go for a walk, meditate or even just post here.

Looking forward to hearing how the community is bettering itself!

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Instead of the Coca-cola I have been craving, I will have a DIET coke, but preceed it with water
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    My bad habit is trying to change too much.

Today instead of packing something too healthy tasting and setting myself up to buy large fries at work, I am bringing ramen noodles and a piece of fruit.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Instead of having chips with my burger (which I usually do as default, not because I particularly want them, and this week I've already eaten them about 4 times!), I had salad instead, and it didn't diminish my enjoyment one bit.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Instead of a massive bowl of breakfast cereal and milk with a bit of fruit on top... I had oatmeal and apple for breakfast - in the correct portions.
  • ninjasmith1986
    ninjasmith1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Instead of sitting at my desk for a break I went to the weight room instead and did shoulders.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Instead of potatoes (too carby, diabetic) with breakfast I had roasted radishes.
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    Instead of sitting at my desk for a break I went to the weight room instead and did shoulders.

I envy you having a gym so close by. My company has a free gym but its across town and oodles of traffic.
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Today, instead of sleeping in, I got up and went to the gym!
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    instead of grazing the kitchen when cleaning up for dinner, I am going to be DONE:) maybe I should have hubby clean up!!
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking pop all together December 31st and have replaced it with water! I stopped bringing cash to work so I won't be able to go to the vending machines. So far in the last 2 weeks haven't craved any sugary drinks at all and lost an inch on the waist line!
  • bonnbunx36
    Options
    Instead of eating snacks for lunch and dinner, today I will make a balanced meal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'll have spaghetti squash instead of pasta for lunch.

But let's be fair, I'm still eating all the good stuff when I really want it.

I did get a 820 calorie pasta dish yesterday instead of the tempting 1750 calorie deep dish pizza though.
  • Rooster0504
    Rooster0504 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today instead of taking a cab to work I walked the mile myself
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    machelle04 wrote: »
    I quit drinking pop all together December 31st and have replaced it with water! I stopped bringing cash to work so I won't be able to go to the vending machines. So far in the last 2 weeks haven't craved any sugary drinks at all and lost an inch on the waist line!

Way to go!

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Instead of the Coca-cola I have been craving, I will have a DIET coke, but preceed it with water

Just drink the regular coke. Don't drink the aspartame in diet!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Instead of potatoes (too carby, diabetic) with breakfast I had roasted radishes.

Good choice!
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Today instead of getting up super early even though I work at night, I slept til 930 and I'm still laying here. It feels fantastic.
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »

Just drink the regular coke. Don't drink the aspartame in diet!

Or try the Coke Zero. I hate diet Coke but tried Coke Zero a couple weeks ago and it was pretty good.
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »

Good choice!

• elleykat
    elleykat Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ooh yum, what a great idea!!