Emotional and stress eating!?

Options
Hello everyone,
I am having a hard time at the moment with emotional eating and eating food without being aware of it when I am stressed. Do you have any ideas of what I could do instead of eating when I am stressed and having no time for something nice like a bath, etc...?
I have no problems exercising and I really enjoy it, but the emotional eating part is keeping me from losing weight...
Thanx!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional/stress eater too. It's great that you're looking for non-food answers.

I'm a journaler. I keep a notebook in my purse at all times and when I'm really stressed I try to write a few things down. Even something as simple as making a to do list helps to calm me down a bit. I also keep a dayplanner and give myself a sticker every day that I stick to my diet. Is it silly? Sure. But it's a nice little reward for surviving my day.

Sometimes drinking water or tea helps me to get that full feeling I'm craving without the food.

Play around with some different strategies. I know you'll find something that works well for you. Good luck on your journey!