What are your goals for the summer?

Options
Hello, everyone! I am just curious as to what goals people have for this summer. Here are mine:
1. Get down to 35 percent fat I am now 38.6 percent fat but used to be 62 percent. I will do this through cardio and weightlifing, I love to lift weights.
2. Cut out processed foods.
3. Swim once a week.

Replies

• carlytenney
    carlytenney Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stay active even tho I will not be working in the summer. Also I would be happy if I did not gain any weight. I would like to try and get more formal exercise in like weights.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Those are good goals!

I am going to London for a month and then will have a weeks holiday in London and another in America. My main goal is to not fall of the weight loss/ health bandwagon!!!!
    My secondary goal is to feel more comfortable in my swim suit in public

I wouldn't complain if I got to the end of the summer and was down into a UK size 12
  • sassyann45
    sassyann45 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My goal this summer is to start my PX90 and finish the challenge. Also, taking a road trip....
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Those are good goals!

I am going to London for a month and then will have a weeks holiday in London and another in America. My main goal is to not fall of the weight loss/ health bandwagon!!!!
    My secondary goal is to feel more comfortable in my swim suit in public

I wouldn't complain if I got to the end of the summer and was down into a UK size 12
    A goog goals! London is wonderful, have lots of fun!!
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    Options
    My goal this summer is to start my PX90 and finish the challenge. Also, taking a road trip....
    What is PX90?
  • sarahbeth1629
    sarahbeth1629 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've only got a couple of goals for summer

1) Lose 11lbs before I go on vacation at the end of July

2) Not gain anything while on said vacation. That might be easier said than done as I'm heading to the US for 3 weeks to visit my parents and there are so many yummy foods that I miss, and Lord knows we'll be eating out a fair bit.

3) Lose any lbs that I might come home with before going back to work in September.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    1.) Tone up a lot and finally see some abs (I have strong abs but it's still hidden!!) grrr
    2.) Feel like I am in the best shape of my life.
    3.) Reach 128 pounds by July
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My goal is to keep up my running capabilities over the summer, despite the heat. I'd also like to get out of my current rut and hopefully down another 10 pounds by the end of the summer. More would be welcome!
  • Stephani125
    Options
    P90X is a workout that is on DVD by BeachBody. Pretty intense stuff. I have done Les Mills Combat - really fun - and have just started Pump. BeachBody has lots of great workouts.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?e=b&code=SEMB_GOOGLE_P90X&s_tnt=46950:3:0
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    To carry on my hard work (or especially, get back into exercise) and to get to my goal weight by Autumn.

Seeing as I'm not going on holiday at all this year, I have no bikini body to worry about... I could always wear one around the flat!
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    My summer goal is to lose 20 lbs by the end of summer (Sept 21). Based on my current weight loss speed, this is fairly realistic. The idea of being down another 20 is quite exciting, so it's time to get to work!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    It's basically summer already where i live, but i'm continuing to work towards decreasing my BF%.
    im currently at 27%. I want to get down to 25% - at least by August.
  • Stephani125
    Options
    My long term goal is to lose 28 lbs
    Summer weight loss goal (by end of Aug) 10-12 lbs

Summer goals are to:
    1) alternate running with Les Mills Pump
    2) track my food as I am working out and not losing any weight
    3) I also want to stop eating the processed snack foods
    4) limit my wine consumption to just 1x on the weekends

I hate tracking my food, but I am not losing any weight even though I am working out, so I have got to limit/watch my calorie intake and decrease the high carb stuff I love.
  • Lucy_6678
    Lucy_6678 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1. I plan to up my steps from 15,000 a day to 20,000 a day
    2. Do a C25K program
    3. Run in one 5K between June 6, 2013 and June 6, 2014
    4. Lose 15lbs
    5. Move more, eat less and drink less
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great question. Really got me thinking.
    1. Walk at least 5 days a week. One day a week walk for more than one hour.
    2. Not eat deep fried foods.
    3. Cut out all coffee including decaf.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    1. Keep on track and continue to lose weight.
    2. Strength training!! (This is probably my biggest goal)
    3. Keep up with my running so I can run a 5k with my family soon
    4. Build up self esteem while wearing swimwear.
  • roiLEI1554
    roiLEI1554 Posts: 143
    Options
    Lose 10 pounds (gain confidence to wear a bikini :smile: )
    Gradually cut out processed foods and focus more on health (regular eating and exercising)
    Sleeping 7-8 hours per day (I currently get an average of 5 hours per day...)
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Maintain while on holiday next week and lose a minimum of 5 pounds by the end of July.
    Ideally it would be 10 - but I keep hitting plateaus!
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    Options
    It's basically summer already where i live, but i'm continuing to work towards decreasing my BF%.
    im currently at 27%. I want to get down to 25% - at least by August.
    AMAZING!!! GREAT WORK!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Good question. I should probably start thinking of some goals...I am sort of struggling to carve out time for exercise. Shortest version of a very long story, I was really sick at the end of last year. I had brain surgery in mid February then started working full time again after being unemployed for 16 months. Shortly after starting work I went on vacation for a week. Overall I am up just under 8 pounds since my lowest weight before my surgery. I can't seem to find balance with work and exercise like I used to when I first started using MFP over 2 years ago. Sitting at a desk all day leads me to being snacky as well which is frustrating. I haven't actually been trying to lose since my surgery, but it's been just over 3 months so I think it's time to get these few pounds back off!

So, let's see...goals for the summer:

1. Carve out time for exercise at least 3 days a week.
    2. Be more diligent about meal/snack planning
    3. Do a couple more 5k races. I did my first post surgery race exactly 3 months to the day after my surgery!