Men not wearing a dress shirt tucked in to a job interview

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
edited February 2015 in Chit-Chat
Is this common? Was a management position candidate and just struck me as odd.

Replies

• mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Reading the title.....Not at all what I expected this thread to be about....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

really?!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    oh, crap...epic typo...
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Huh?
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Translation: He f'ed up the interview because his shirt was not tucked in.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    oh, crap...epic typo...

lmao. Came in thinking Brazzers, left disappointed lol
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Or: He took his shirt off and got f'ed during a job interview.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    Translation: He f'ed up the interview because his shirt was not tucked in.

i think he means he found it weird that the candidate didnt have his shirt tucked in
  • AmberStarr_87
    AmberStarr_87 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    That's just sloppy.. But, some men just don't know any better. I wouldn't judge based just on the shirt.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I don't own a dress shirt.
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    That's just sloppy.. But, some men just don't know any better. I wouldn't judge based just on the shirt.

I would so judge based on the shirt. It shows he does not care enough to be presentable or he does not know enough how to be presentable. Either way, pass now or regret later.
  • guitarrckr
    guitarrckr Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options

total agreement !
    although I kinda an untucked guy...but never to an interview...lol
    (do they still do interviews?)
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I would so judge based on the shirt. It shows he does not care enough to be presentable or he does not know enough how to be presentable. Either way, pass now or regret later.

i agree, i would totally judge... tucking in your shirt isnt really that difficult!
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Very rude. Also not wearing a belt on trousers or jeans, makes me shudder (belt lopes = belt. in my book)

Oh I feel better for getting that of my chest.
  • the_quadfather
    the_quadfather Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inexcusable. Even if the job doesn't require a dress shirt, you show up for the interview looking proper.

The job I have right now allows for me to dress business casual. In fact, all of my superiors dress that way. However, when I came in for interviews, I wore a suit, and so did both the VP of Sales and the President of the company.

I would say it's not impossible to make a great impression without proper dress, but you've certainly put yourself in a position to push a boulder uphill.

I don't know what part of the country you live in, but 'round here, that's just unprofessional.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Did he know it was untucked? Maybe he had to put something on a high shelf right before he entered.
  • glenperk
    glenperk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it. At least he had a dress shirt on and wasn't wearing a wife-beater with coffee stains. It's more important that he was presentable as it relates to the job.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »
    Did he know it was untucked? Maybe he had to put something on a high shelf right before he entered.

That's what she said.

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »

That's what she said.

Glad you thought my post added at least something to the thread.

• JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm not sure I would have noticed, unless it was really ill fitting. I'm kind of oblivious to mundane office fashion though. I really only take notice if something really stands out (in a good way) or is a bit of a hot mess (unkempt/wrinkled/ill fitting etc....) *shrug*