Still confused!

Options
I don't seem to manage to eat all my daily calories, I'm not hungry or starving myself and I am exercising (albeit day 2!). Do I need fitbit too. Help needed!

Replies

• BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    are you eating at least 1200 calories per day? then don't worry about it.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    How come I never have this problem??
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs and have been at maintenance for 2 years - you do not need fitbit. Just keep at what you're doing.

I would suggest you get a food scale though - particularly in the beginning, it is very hard to accurately estimate your calories without weighing it.
  • nic464
    nic464 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I am struggling hitting the 1200 calories. I'm not starving myself nor feel hungry. Will definitely get a food scales tho, looks like the way forward!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »

LOL...I'm always thinking the same thing. I also always wonder how someone can even have weight to lose if they get full on less than 1200 calories. I mean, you don't gain weight on eating less than 1200, so obviously at one point you were eating at a surplus which would have been substantially more than that. And now you struggle to reach 1200? I always scratch my head at posts like this.

• Quoya94
    Quoya94 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been having this same problem, it's confusing and frustrating
  • nic464
    nic464 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I will get the hang of this soon, after all it is only day 3. Thanks for all your comments and help :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Probably they are eating an abundance of salads...fill you up with few calories. It will catch up. I doubt anyone doing that for very long struggles for very long with eating enough.

My struggle is getting enough fat and protein to meet my macros for under 1400 calories... lol
  • rand486
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Probably they are eating an abundance of salads...fill you up with few calories. It will catch up. I doubt anyone doing that for very long struggles for very long with eating enough.

My struggle is getting enough fat and protein to meet my macros for under 1400 calories... lol

Haha I dunno about salad, but yes, certain veggies (eg: broccoli, cauliflower) do a great job of filling you up. I could eat fields of salad and not get full though.

I hear you on the protein goals though - I've gotten really good at hitting my protein goals on a cut, but it means literally everything I consume needs to be high protein.

Cottage cheese for breakfast, chicken & veggies for lunch, some kind of meat & veggies for dinner, with a protein bar as a snack.

Popcorn as a non-proteiny snack if I'm lucky :P
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked cottage cheese and Greek yogurt but alas I do not. :/
  • rand486
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I wish I liked cottage cheese and Greek yogurt but alas I do not. :/

Well, we all have flaws ;)

How about oatmeal with protein powder in it? Another solid breakfast choice.
  • annas987
    annas987 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I never thought I liked greek yogurt either until I added some granola into it. You just have to be careful with the serving size though because of the cals.
  • sassy_rivera
    sassy_rivera Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    Oh god we should all be this lucky lol