New!

Options
jem302
jem302 Posts: 301 Member
Hi guys!
I'm new to myfitnesspal, I heard about this site from Reddit's loseit subreddit, which I lurk. It's a big deal for me to post, I never use internet forums or anything except to lurk, but I figured it might help my motivation to actually post! I have used Livestrong Daily Plate sporadically for the past few years to try to track my calories, but I always end up getting lazy or if I have a bad day I just stop tracking because I'm embarrassed of my intake :S. I'm 5'3", my weight fluctuates from 145-150lbs. Last year I lost about 10lbs just from religiously tracking on livestrong, but then I went on vacation and boom there went that progress.

My goal is to get to 130lbs, see how I feel, and go from there. Ultimately I'd like to weigh around 120-125. I walk 35mins to and from my university 3 or 4 days a week, and I have recently started jogging for about 25-30mins 3 times a week. I occasionally go to the gym as well, where I usually work on the elliptical or bike for an hour. My mom also recently gave me some 10lb weights which I want to start using at home.
I am very shy about exercising and losing weight, I tend to keep it to myself aside from discussing it with my spouse. So I am hoping by posting here I can overcome that a little bit!

Replies

• dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome! You can do this!

We have fairly similar stats...I'm 5'1", and have a goal of about 125 lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want encouragement!
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Added! Thanks!
  • ihumpwaffles
    ihumpwaffles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm adding both of you.. Hope you don't mind. I'm 4'11.. Trying to lose about 15-20
  • Desire090902
    Desire090902 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello there and Welcome!! I am 5 '2" (Almost..hee...hee...) and I would love to get down to 125 but at this point I've set my goal to 135. That seems to be hard enough for me. Anyways, add me if you like and we can support each other on this journey.
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, fellow redditor! :)