help!! lifting

If someone would be so awesome and mentor me in lifting I would really appreciate it!!! I'm a total newbie when it comes to that but really want to start

Replies

• activgrl
    activgrl Posts: 13 Member
    Bodybuilding .com. Everything you ever needed to know. Great place to start, workout plans, and videos on EVERY exercise.
  • Thanks!!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Also, youtube has a lot of people showing how to do certain exercises in case you're ever confused.
  • Reefboy1980
    Reefboy1980 Posts: 133 Member
    Are you at a gym or training from home?
  • I go to 24 hour fitness
  • Reefboy1980
    Reefboy1980 Posts: 133 Member
    Kettle bell classes are great for beginners failing that go to YouTube and look at some full body routines based around squat, bench & deadlift. Can't go wrong with those as long as your form is good
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Sure, I charge $100 a session though. Let me know.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    edited February 2015
    Check out Stronglifts 5x5!

ETA: No matter what routine you end up doing though, can't place enough emphasis on the importance of proper form while lifting! Good luck :)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    My advice?

Read New Rules of Lifting for Women twice. It's got great info
    Join the "Stronglifts 5x5 for Women" group here, read their stickies. The ladies who run that group have explained the program very well and waaay less douchey than Medhi the creator of the Stronglifts program.
    And follow the Stronglifts 5x5 program. You can watch youtube for form videos, practice at home with a broomstick, start at the gym with the bar and don't add weight until you have the form right.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Check out Stronglifts 5x5!

ETA: No matter what routine you end up doing though, can't place enough emphasis on the importance of proper form while lifting! Good luck :)

This. Might be worth seeing if their is a trainer or staff member at your gym who can walk you through the basics of good form for the exercises you 'd like to do.

Even if it costs you it would be money well spent.

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    When I first started I used magazines, forums, and bodybuilding.com as tools. I don't disagree at all with utilizing a trainer but IMO the training prices that 24 charges for what you getting are not worth it versus the expertise and what you could find elsewhere. Only basing this on my personal experience so not trying to offend anyone. Also don't be afraid to ask some of the gym regulars for help if you see them doing certain exercises and have questions.