Moms

Options
Are there any other mothers of young children that are struggling to find the energy to get in shape? I need motivation!

Replies

• andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes ! I have an 18 month old and have 50 lbs to lose ! Added you
  • millie740
    millie740 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've got a 2 year old and a 6 year old - feel free to add me!
  • brischoice
    Options
    Hi I have a 10 month old and I work full time add me :smile:
  • MaddiesMom2009
    Options
    I have a 5 year old and feel like I am totally drained and have a really hard time taking 2 seconds to exercise. Would love some motivation!! :-)
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I will be 40 next week. I have a 3 year old, 11 year old, 17 year old plus full time job. Totally understand..
  • tara1128
    tara1128 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 1/2 yr old and work crazy hours. I have a lot of weight to lose. Sent you a friend request
  • katiepelletier89
    Options
    Yes!! I have a 4 month old.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have a two year old and four year old. I used to fit my workouts in during nap time but my two year decided he is too good for naps :O). Now I do it during part of their screen time for the day or DH and I both push jogger strollers and go out for a run a couple days a week. It is hard and I give props to those that go to work too. I am probably going to have to start getting up before them soon and not look forward to a 5:30 wake up.

It is possible though. Just make sure that you schedule time for you. I used to feel a bit guilty about making sure I had the time but I am much better for it and about 40 lbs lighter :wink:
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 year old, 4 year old, 2 year old, and 7 week old. I've been working out 5-6 days a week for the past 3 weeks and it's going well! I do fitness blender work outs on youtube, which I love. Huge variety and I can find one no matter how much time I have. It's going to get much harder when I go back to work part-time next week. :(
  • naynay157
    naynay157 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree I have three with my youngest being 3 and the hardest to loose the weight after her. I've joined a gym started out sponging well but then haven't been in two months. Half the problem is I'm too busy which my schedule will change soon but I also feel more tired when I do not work out.
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 year old, 9 year old, and a 4 month old and I work full time. It's defintely a daily struggle trying to find the time to work out as well as eat healthy. I've decided I'm just gonna have to start waking up around 5:30 to fit in a workout before the baby wakes up and the madness starts to get the kids ready and off to school begin. Adding you
  • simplemamato3
    simplemamato3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom to a 6yo, 4yo and 2yo I also struggle with finding the energy to exercise. I know that if I do exercise I end up having more energy! I am also looking for more friends for motivation and support, so anyone feel free to add me :)
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I don't have "young" children but I do have children. Two daughters that are 12 and 9. Both play competitive sports and we are always on the go. I too am looking for more moms for continued motivation. Feel free to add me.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Im a SAHM to 4. Ages 6,5,4 and 6 months.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 11yr old, 9yr old and a 2.5yr old. All girls. I homeschool and work on the weekends.
  • ejuliano85
    ejuliano85 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My son is 3, I work full time and my husband is in the military stationed 90 miles away. He comes home 3 weekends a month (for about a day and a half each time). I just started working out yesterday. I am waking up at 5:30 (will probably have to get up a little earlier) to do my workout in my living room. When I get home from work, my motivation to exercise is minimal. Once I get in the habit of going to bed early and wake up early, I think it will get easier.
  • hooter_2007
    hooter_2007 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a full time job and a 6,4,3 yr olds.
  • water_gem
    Options
    I have a 7, 6 and two 3s...on top of working I'm exhausted.....so right now I'm scaring myself straight by watching my 600 lb life.....*glances at yoga mat*
  • melody1058
    Options
    Yes! Stay at home mom with a 10 month old and six year old!