Can I please eat these m&m's

Options
2»

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    There is a glitch that they are working on resolving, so if you reset your goals again, it should give you an accurate number.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 1200 calories a day seems awfully low to me. Try this website: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    agratzy wrote: »
    Ahh! I changed it to .5 lb/ a week and it bumped me up to 1420 calories/ day. I must have had it set too aggressivley as was suggested. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Yay!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OW: 140
    CW:133
    GW: 125

Height, 5-3. Sendtary (little to no movement throughout the day). I exercise but I eat back those calories and then some most of the time and log it as it happens. Rate of loss, I think I have 1 lb/ a week. I will change it to .5 now.

How old are you, OP? I stuck 25 in the IIFYM calculator and 3 times a week of exercise based on your profile pic and got this:

BMR (what you would burn each day in a coma, basically) 1319
    TDEE (what you would burn with the 3x week workouts and daily life) 1813

Since you have so little to lose, you should probably be eating about 1500 or 1600 per day based on that. 1200 is really low. Tinkering around here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ you also get over 1400 cal per day to reach your goal weight in just a few months.

Eat the M&Ms. Just, enjoy each one and savor them. Don't mindlessly toss them down the hatch, that's just a waste. Personally, I think regular working-in of these treats is a better long-run approach than cheat meals or days. Daily indulgences worked in to your log are teaching you lifetime habits for maintaining. "Cheating" just reinforces that "dieting" is miserable and that once you are "done" you can go back to the same bad habits that got you those extra pounds in the first place.

• agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm only 22. Maybe I should re-enter my data as suggested. I think this new found lifestyle of over 1200 calories a day is going to rock. I know this was a silly, nonsense post at first but it led to me some important findings! This is why I joined MFP. It's for the most part been a great and supportive community!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Goodness, at 22 you still have a great metabolism in all likelihood. I'm 45 and have been steadily losing at 1300 per day + exercise, and was pretty darn sedentary for the first few months. Then, right when things were starting to slow down, I started lifting weights. I'm still losing almost a pound a week, even though I'm likely eating more like 1400 per day. (I'm not a very precise logger, I figure I'll worry about that if I stall out, but otherwise, I'm good being sloppy, LOL)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome. The advice on lowering the "aggrssive" attitude towards dieting-- even when I lower it to .5 pounds, I still only get 1200 calories :( I'm 5-3, and a receptionist, so I don't use that many calories to begin with.
    I am going to eat SOME of the m&m's. Because 1/4 a cup is actually more than I thought.
    Stay fresh fellas.

If you have a food scale than just measure out half of a serving of the M&Ms.

I plan on measuring out 34 grams of the Coconut M&Ms tomorrow.

Never tried them before.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    OP Give them to me ill eat them and enjoy them and still have a great physique. Rememeber everything in moderation so don't freak out about them and enjoy a few. Eat a handful of them and put the rest away for tomorrow. Just because they are in the package does not mean you have to eat the whole package lol.