Lunch ideas? And supplement ideas?

Options
hey community,

Struggling to find recipes or easy meals to grab-n-go for lunch! I'm looking for something high in protein, carbs as well as calories for weight gain. Also I could use some tips on daily supplements that can assist with muscle and weight gain! I been taking a multi-vitamin, but other suggestions would help!

THANKS!

Replies

• se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Okay so if you're not too concerned about how much sugar or sodium you take in per day and just want to gain weight, here are some things to consider for eating, I know what you mean, I had the same issue because I'm a nurse!

1.) Nutritional supplements like Boost and Ensure can be bought online in bulk, very tasty and very high in calories

2.) Powders, I recommend you carry a jug of water with you to mix the powders, they have Protein powders as you probably already know, I use platinum whey protein powders, and they have a carb powder called Karbolic, no sugar.

3.) If you like sweet oats, Nature valley makes these things called Oatmeal Squares, they are loaded with carbs and great to eat on the go, very tasty too.

4.) Small jar of peanut butter and a plastic spoons, I personally eat peanut butter right out of a small jar, and buy new ones when I'm done.

5.) Take slices of bread with you and put them in zip lock bags, just eat them whenever.

6.) I like tuna, some people don't, but it's easy and quick to prepare, just some mayo and whatever else you like and place in a container and then put in fridge if you have access to one, if not then a cooler?

7.) You could also make hard boiled eggs before you go, although I'd take the shells off beforehand so you don't have to deal with a messy situation lol. Eggs are very good for putting calories.

Let me know if you like any of these suggestions or have any other questions.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    These are a few of my "out of the house for day" food supplies (adjust your servings for your needs--I am older than you and obvs female, so I need less):

Full fat Greek yogurts--freeze them the night before, so they'll still be cold when it's time to eat them. The full fat/full sugar 150g tubs are around 150-200 calories, eat a couple or more easily, and 12g protein each

Nuts/trail mix/granola bars--easy and filling, I keep a box of Clif or Kind bars in my backpack at all times--lots of carbs/fiber and decent amounts of protein, depending on what you pick

Peanut butter--bring the whole jar or buy the "cups"--fats, carbs, protein in modest amounts

Protein and/or carb powders--I just store it in my Blender cup, add water when ready to drink

Those are some snack ideas that aren't terribly filling, but packed with nutrition. For actual lunch, I usually just bring leftovers from previous night's dinner.
  • eaddy524
    Options
    If you are new to building body I suggest you find a mentor or program to follow. Go to YouTube a put in Mi40 ben pakulski. He is a pro bodybuilder and he knows his stuff. I'm not trying to sell you on his program. You can get a ton of information just by looking at his channel.

• se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    eaddy524 wrote: »
    If you are new to building body I suggest you find a mentor or program to follow. Go to YouTube a put in Mi40 ben pakulski. He is a pro bodybuilder and he knows his stuff. I'm not trying to sell you on his program. You can get a ton of information just by looking at his channel.

@eaddy524, I might look into that myself! Thanks!