No Longer Self-Conscious in a Swimsuit! (pics)

Options
Jenya05
Jenya05 Posts: 42 Member
Since I moved to Florida over two and a half years ago, I longed to be comfortable in my own skin on the beach. It has been an up and down battle, but have finally made it! About 5 months ago I found a great personal trainer who has helped me to stay motivated for the long term, and it has made all of the difference. There is still progress to be made, but today I celebrate!

b7txxdac0o98.jpg

Replies

• shanrennbing
    shanrennbing Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

What is your training/eating program?
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, well done!!
  • Alexlovesgymmm
    Options
    Well done! You look fabulous! :)
  • Jenya05
    Options
    Nice work!

What is your training/eating program?

Thanks! I am working out with a trainer 3 times a week (mostly small group with some personal training mixed in) and I normally squeeze in 1, sometimes 2, other workouts a week. We do some heavy lifting, but it is really a lot of old school calisthenics, plyometrics, and body weight movements. As far as eating goes, I eat healthy, whole foods about 80% of the time and still do plenty of pizza and wings (and beer) on the weekends.
  • Eileen_T
    Eileen_T Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job. Well done!
    I have not heard of plyometrics. Going to google it now.
    Eileen
  • betterthanyesterday69
    Options
    Great job! Look amazing!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looks like you've got a good balance of everything going on with your food and fitness plan.
  • sugar_fit
    Options
    You've got a thigh gap. Well done.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hot dang you look amazing! I bet you feel great, too. Way to go!
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Jenya05 wrote: »
    Since I moved to Florida over two and a half years ago, I longed to be comfortable in my own skin on the beach. It has been an up and down battle, but have finally made it! About 5 months ago I found a great personal trainer who has helped me to stay motivated for the long term, and it has made all of the difference. There is still progress to be made, but today I celebrate!

b7txxdac0o98.jpg

Wow! Great work! I have a similar body shape to your 'before' photo....can I ask your stats, please? Height, weight before & after? Thanks.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I like that you were smiling in both the before and after. You look great.
  • hellcaterika
    hellcaterika Posts: 12 Member
    Options

b7txxdac0o98.jpg

Amazing! Congratulations! You look awesome. I hope to get to that point this year. Hopefully by summer.
  • hellcaterika
    hellcaterika Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Awesome. I live pizza beer and wings haha good to know
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I like that you were smiling in both the before and after. You look great.

This comment right here makes me happy. Enough with sleepy forums zoning - and *now* I can go to bed. :)

OP, you look absolutely stunning. Well done.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! :D
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!!
  • Jenya05
    Options

b7txxdac0o98.jpg

Wow! Great work! I have a similar body shape to your 'before' photo....can I ask your stats, please? Height, weight before & after? Thanks.

Sure! I'm 5'4", and I was pushing 180 when I started (size 14 pants, large or xl top). Now I am about 155 with a size 8 pant and medium top.
  • Jenya05
    Options

Awesome. I live pizza beer and wings haha good to know

In the past I would try these super strict diets and ultimately never stick to them because I just really enjoy some not-so-good-for-you foods. I've finally found a balance so I can make this a long-term lifestyle. And I simply can't live without pizza and wings in my life
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!