Running apps - which one?

Options
i was using endomondo pro until i did a 10k and my phone said i did 11.6k.
I tried runkeeper but the km seems to be off as well... But in a different way as endomondo. Maybe it is my phone although i have had it only for a month (iphone6).
Anyway, i really like all the stats from runkeeper and aso the fartlek training sessions whereas in endomondo the training is much more km-based and there are less stats. However, i like the reminders from endomondo better and a few things as well... Is there an app that combine the best of both world?
I am assuming a running watch would solve my gps problem + give me lots of stats. Are they expensive? How much roughly (uk) and which one is better? (Dont want heart monitor). thanks!!

Replies

• dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Strava seems to be popular...
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I've used both Endomondo and Runtastic (Pro-versions). I really like Runtastic and the added features. FYI - All phone apps are dependent on your cell phone reception (data) & GPS. They will never be the same as the "chip" you get when running in a race.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I do like Runkeeper, and over the 3 years I've used it, I have never had any issues that speaking to their tech support hasn't fixed. For example once it told me I ran 26km in 40minutes, which I would suspect was a LITTLE optimistic... But I deleted the app and reinstalled it, and it worked fine after that.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't use a running app but a friend of mine uses map my run and likes it a lot. I have a gps watch Garmin Forerunner 210. I love it and really would be lost without it. It was sort of pricey. It ranges any where to $140-170 (us) not sure of the conversion.
  • LynGrahamKemp
    LynGrahamKemp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Nike running app. See if that works for you
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is good