This can't be right... Help please

Options
I've log everything I eat (except water) and weigh my food, but I still am not hitting my calorie goal. Can someone look at my diary and tell me where there might be some inaccuracy because it's starting to bother me that almost everyday it says I'm not eating eanough. I know their tends to be some inaccuracy so feed back would be helpful

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If that's all you are eating, it isn't enough. I'd recommend upping your protein quite a bit since 30-40 g is low. Eat full fat yogurt. And just eat more altogether.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My thoughts: a sandwich with only one thin slice of deli ham is pretty sad, ditch the diet foods (diet yogurt, fat free ranch, diet frozen entrees, etc) - eat the full fat/calorie versions. Peanut butter, nuts, avocado all are easy ways to pump up your calories without much effort.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Why do you have your calories less than 1200 in the first place? Eat more food. Don't be afraid to eat. You aren't eating enough. 800 calories is not healthy at all.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Add in calorie dense foods (nuts, nut butters, dairy, oils, avocados) to reach your goal.
  • Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Why do you have your calories less than 1200 in the first place? Eat more food. Don't be afraid to eat. You aren't eating enough. 800 calories is not healthy at all.
    That's is just what mfp set my goal as and I will try and eat more everyone thank you I was just worried about logging innaucaracies so that is why I wasn't eating a lot but now I will try and meet my goals
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You must be starving. I'd be in bed all day if I ate so little like that.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    - you're probably eating slightly more than what it shows - I see a lot of items that you aren't weighing. (for example, the slice of bread - I have yet to find a loaf of bread where the slices weighed what the label says)

- you're still not eating enough though. Why do you have your calories set so low? Unless it was on Doctor's orders, you need to up that goal dramatically.

- no - MFP did not set your calories at that level. It will not give a number lower than 1200. (which is already too low for most people)
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    160wannab wrote: »
    That's is just what mfp set my goal as and I will try and eat more everyone thank you I was just worried about logging innaucaracies so that is why I wasn't eating a lot but now I will try and meet my goals

If MFP set your goal at 800 there is something wrong and it doesn't sound right, you have to be starving.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Some of us are tiny and sedentary and old. If I eat more than 1000 calories a day, I gain.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    - you're probably eating slightly more than what it shows - I see a lot of items that you aren't weighing. (for example, the slice of bread - I have yet to find a loaf of bread where the slices weighed what the label says)

- you're still not eating enough though. Why do you have your calories set so low? Unless it was on Doctor's orders, you need to up that goal dramatically.

- no - MFP did not set your calories at that level. It will not give a number lower than 1200. (which is already too low for most people)

This.

Eat more calorie dense foods. Like I see some plain chicken-- no sauce, no oil, no butter or seasonings. You can make your chicken 100% more delicious if you do a little more with it.

Avocado, nuts, full fat dairy (ditch the "lite and fit" and get some higher calorie yogurt), granola, fattier cuts of meats (thighs instead of breasts), etc.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Some of us are tiny and sedentary and old. If I eat more than 1000 calories a day, I gain.

OP is a teenager. Just because you eat too little doesn't mean she should.

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

the OP is none of these things.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh and MFP had a glitch a few days ago where it was setting calorie goals too low. Idk if it's fixed but try resetting your goals. Do not put in that you want to lose 2 lbs per week.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why are you choosing to eat so little? You didn't gain all this weight overnight so why try to lose it so quickly? Don't you want to do something sustainable, where you get to keep it off once its there?
    Peanut butter
    Avocados
    meat
    nuts
  • aalman12
    aalman12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there, try eating more for breakfast. Include protein to help keep you fuller longer. Take care! Anne
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I think you are accurate in your counting. But, here are a few suggestions:

1. Have a bagel or a muffin or a protein bar with your breakfast yogurt. If you like milk, you could also have skim milk. You need more food for energy to start the day.

2. Have two ounces of meat on your sandwich at lunchtime instead of one slice. Two ounces is one serving. Weigh it on a scale, or read the package to see how many slices is two ounces. It usually comes out to be about 3-4 slices, depending on the size of the slices.

3. Add a salad and another side at dinner. It could be rice or potatoes or a veggie. Use either reduced fat dressing, not fat free. You can add some olives or reduced fat cheese to the salad.

That should help you get up to 1200 calories.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I think the more important question here is, are you hungry? If you are, and you're not eating when you get hungry, that's an issue. My daily calories isn't much higher than yours, so that's not necessarily an issue. For reference, I'm a 5 foot tall gal in her late-twenties and my calorie goal is around 1250. Don't worry about the inaccuracies - compare what mfp shows to what the package shows (whenever possible) and you should be good. So far, I haven't seen many inaccuracies, and I just adjust the serving size to reflect what the calories and such should be based on what the package says.

Add another slice or two of meat onto your sandwich, and maybe try doing chicken instead of ham if you just do ham. Add veggies, too - lettuce, tomato, whatever you like. They won't add many calories but every little bit counts :)

If you're up for it, switch the Dannon yogurt for a kind of Greek yogurt - not necessarily nonfat. Fat is not your enemy! Fat in excess is. A single-serve greek yogurt is between 100-150 calories (depending on the one you buy) and it's packed with protein!

A great snack is nuts - like almonds - but make sure they're not salted or oiled as that negates the good you're trying to do!

Shoot for hitting your goal, or maybe being 50-100 calories under it. I personally would say shoot for hitting your protein goal at least, and see if you can hit the sugar one, too, without going too far over.