the worst possible thing...

Options
Hey Everyone, I have gained around 40lbs in the past year (crazy I know) but on top of that I just noticed today that I have STRETCH MARKS!!! on my bum, i had already noticed the ones on my boobs. but now on my butt too :neutral_face: truely unimpressed and depresed hat i gained enough weight to permanently deface my skin. I just had to get this off my chest.

Replies

• FeliciaLam49
    Options
    Everyday is do over. It won't be easy but if you dedicate yourself, you can get your life back on track! You get out of life what you ask for. It was really brave of you to share this and I hope that you were able to let it out in this post so that you have the strength to start fresh! Let me know if you ever need support!
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    Don't beat yourself ip. I got a ton of stretch marks from growth spurts as a child, made worse by adult weight gain. They seem to have faded some with time and weight loss, but even if they hadn't, I think I notice them way more than anyone else ever will.
  • jillianash
    jillianash Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ok thank you for the kind words :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    This may be sad..but trust me...it is far from the worst possible thing. :smile:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I think I've had stretch marks since I first grew boobs. I think the only place I don't have them is my hands, feet and face. To only start getting them now you've done pretty well! I'm not convinced the creams and concoctions work, I never tried them long enough, but I know someone who use Bio oil through her entire pregnancy and never got one stretch mark! How often she applied it I have no idea, or maybe she just had stretchy skin but you could always give them a go if they upset you?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    This may be sad..but trust me...it is far from the worst possible thing. :smile:

Oh yes, I could tell you horror stories. At last count, I believe that I had 40 different pieces of metal in my body. Not to mention 11 surgical scars. Much worse than a little stretch mark.

Just move forward from today and do the best that you can to take care of yourself.
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Supposedly if you start treating them in the first year, there's a better chance of diminishing the things. That's the rumor anyway.