NSV Quit smoking and lost weight

Options
2»

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I quit 134 days ago and have done nothing but gain since... :'( I use a vape now so it helps with the cravings.
  • nogrows
    nogrows Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »
    I quit 134 days ago and have done nothing but gain since... :'( I use a vape now so it helps with the cravings.
    Congrats! 134 days ago you made the best decision in your life! Now regain focus and watch what you can do! If necessary invest your cigarette savings in a coach.

• KeepGoinGirl
    KeepGoinGirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I quit 6 days 13 hours and 50 minutes ago! I also started trying to lose weight at the same time, so far I have lost 4 lbs.

I know I have a long way to go, but your post has inspired me to keep going!
  • nogrows
    Options
    warnerlm wrote: »
    I quit 6 days 13 hours and 50 minutes ago! I also started trying to lose weight at the same time, so far I have lost 4 lbs.

I know I have a long way to go, but your post has inspired me to keep going!
    yes I am sure you can! Keep up the good work. Only one more week and you do not crave nicotine any more. You should be proud!

• LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!
  • Ziggyzigs
    Ziggyzigs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great motivation OP.
    I quit 7 weeks ago and started at the gym last week. I have gained about 10lbs since quitting this time, but since this is not my first rodeo, I know that 10lbs is a conservative gain. This time I'm adding strength training to my cardio and will start to walk around more (like from work to home) in general, to give me a nice TDEE.
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congratz. I quit after 15+ years and after a while your hair and skin just feel incredible. It take a while but is really noticeable. Keep up the good work.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    That is VERY awesome, and so are YOU! I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to quit smoking for 20 years and I am SO impressed that you were able to do it and even MORE impressed that you were also able to lose weight in the process! GREAT JOB!!
  • nogrows
    Options
    Thank you guys! If I can do it, you can do it too!
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    HIGH 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nogrows
    Options
    HIGH 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    High 5 :D
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Next week is my 1 year without a cigarette, and i'm down 30 lbs to boot!

Life is looking better and better, in ways i never would have expected when i was in my unhealthy patterns.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    That is VERY awesome, and so are YOU! I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to quit smoking for 20 years and I am SO impressed that you were able to do it and even MORE impressed that you were also able to lose weight in the process! GREAT JOB!!

i smoked for 18 years, and was always either thinking about quitting, or disappointed in myself for a recent failed attempt.

A buddy lent me his copy of "the EasyWay to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. The author encourages you to continue to smoke while reading it. This cleverly removes the block of putting off reading it until you're already actively quitting. About halfway through the book, i bought my own copy and returned his; i realized i was done smoking, and wanted a copy i could lend out. By the end of the book, i was a non-smoker.

A year later, i can honestly agree it was easy to quit smoking. Which sounds ridiculous, because i'd tried to quit so many times and had trouble.

The book gives you a perspective that lets you handle the psychological habits that reinforce smoking, which was the key for my success.

You can find it online or in book stores. Costs less than three packs of cigarettes or so, depending on where you live. I can't think of a better investment i've made in my health.

edit: i've lent the book out to several people. Two friends borrowed the book but returned it unread. Both are still smoking. The one who read it has been off cigarettes since finishing about eight months ago. He smoked for 50+ years.
  • nogrows
    Options
    wonko221 wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Next week is my 1 year without a cigarette, and i'm down 30 lbs to boot!

Life is looking better and better, in ways i never would have expected when i was in my unhealthy patterns.
    wow great job!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!