Modifying T25

So, I got the T25 program. I really like it. HOWEVER...the workout kills my knees, to the point where I cannot do it every day without being in pain (even if I do the "modified" one...all the lunging and squatting hurts my knees :/). I do have a history of bad joints (shoulder problems, had knee issues as a teen with them growing wonky, etc.) but I've never had a problem when jogging. I think it is just the repetitive bending at the knee that is irritating the joint. I am the type of person who's knees *always* click, so I am not too surprised this has become a problem. They are also fine if I do one day on, one day off.

Obviously I don't want to hurt my knees (important joints!), so I have decided to start following T25 program every other day (so Mon-Weds-Fri) and then on the other days (Tues-Thurs-Sun) (Saturday is my "free day) do Blogilates Pilates. I figure if I do pilates, hopefully my muscles will build up still, but there will be a bit less impact on my knees.

Is this a good idea or will I not get the benefit of T25 if I don't do it every day? I wear proper running shoes and have been working on my form for lunges and squats, but it just seems to be the repetitive movement that is hurting them. Any other tips for me?

Replies

• shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Hey,
    I can't offer too much but I would say avoid the tuck jumps and other jumps. Land them badly and you'll exasperate knee problems. I have bad knees from motorbike crashes so I try avoid anything that's going to jar them. Instead of the jumps I sprint on the spot to keep my heart rate up.... Having a monitor means I can errr monitor it lol

Doing T25 every other day is not a problem. Remember your still working out your still burning calories it'll just take you a little while longer to see results/ increase stamina etc.... The bonus is though you won't injure yourself!

Shaun.