Do you do cheat days? What do you do?

2»

Replies

• KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    I've only been doing this for a couple of months and I have one cheat day a week. Usually a weekend day. At first it was a "eat everything bad in sight" kind of day. But the longer I do this the more I dont feel the need for crazy cheat days. Instead Ill have a burger or something for dinner one day a week and maybe a brownie or something. Not absolutely crazy and still usually end up pretty close to calorie goal. I agree with others saying that this is a lifestyle change and if your lifestyle change consists of having a cheat day..then make it work. :)
  • Misterfish96
    Misterfish96 Posts: 26 Member
    Don't worry about it. It's ok to stray now and then. I don't plan for cheat days but there are certainly some days where things don't go as planned for whatever reason. The way I see it, the important thing is to stay mindful of my goals and to not be to tough on myself when I slip a little.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I never consciously start out to have a cheat day. There have been times, however, where I eat something I shouldn't and then say "*kitten* it! Might as well enjoy myself today and start over tomorrow."
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    I don't call it a cheat, because it's part of my plan ... I eat at deficit during the week, and at maintenance on the weekends. It means my losses are a bit slower than if I were to eat at deficit all week, but it allows me to have a drink, dessert, etc., and fit into my overall plan.