oppinions please thanks

Options
ok mfp gaive me 1200 as a deflect im 5 ft female yes 5 ft lol. im 9st 1 lbs lightly active as I have broken L1 TO L4 of my spine to relly hurts to do much but with 3 children I have to option. what should I be eatine cal wise please could someone help me. I need to get this extra weight off for me as an indivudal also for my health and fitness thank you so much you are all amazing on here

Replies

• pwatol
    pwatol Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    To start, just log what you've been eating for a day or two so you can get a sense of how many calories you're consuming now and what foods are really high and which are lower. An easy way to start shifting your calories lower is to swap vegetables in for high sugar or high fat foods. Be sure that you're still getting lean protein like chicken and fish to help you feel full longer. And get into the habit of reading nutritional labels at the store before you buy your food. It makes it easier to resist the bad stuff and may help you discover some great lower calorie treats.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Agreed. It is crazy how many calories are sneaking around in food that you don't expect...including the ones on your kids plates when you take bites (which I have a bad habit of doing!)
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You can change the calories by changing your goals. So if you told MFP 2 lbs per week, you can change it to something gentler, like 1.5, 1 or even 0.5, and that will give you more to eat. That might be easier at first, and when you're used to that, you can change it again.

Otherwise, just trust what MFP says to eat calorie wise. And if you're having trouble feeling full, you can look around the web for meal plans (and then modify them to suit you) or ask for more specific help with foods here. :)
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you aiming to lose? At 9st 1 and 5ft5 you must be pretty lean already? If I was you I'd do what futureamanda suggests and tweak the setting so you get more cals per day. As I guess you don't have much to lose, take it slowly.