Has your mood changed since exercising.

Options
Been feeling a whole let better in myself since beginning walking every day for 10,000 steps.
My mood is improving so much.. I felt so cranky during the winter months and just wanted to stay in bed. Now Im up and out and feeling a whole lot better after only a week and a half.. Hope it stays like this. :-)

Replies

• iamnotjess
    iamnotjess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for about 3 weeks and I just started feeling the change! It took a bit. Are you tracking your food too?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a fantastic stress reliever and mood-lifter for me. Improves my quality of sleep, my concentration, and helps me be less uptight and anxious. I am a massive worrier who overthinks every tiny thing and always predicts the worst; I have never been diagnosed with anything but I do feel it interferes with my life on occasion. Regular exercising seems to keep me more upbeat. I find everyday stresses easier to cope with if I get at least 3 hours a week to myself to walk, run, swim, play badminton, or go to the gym.
  • beets4us
    beets4us Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel a lot better and really reduces my stress levels. It is just so hard to get myself to exercise. After its over, I am so glad I did it. So I don't know why it's still so hard to get moving when it makes me feel so much better about life.
  • scotts87
    scotts87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been very motivated to get out and walk at least 2-3 times a week, and work out at least once but hopefully twice, which is far beyond what I had been doing for quite some time. I find it totally therapeutic to put on some good music, my HRM, FitBit, and rack up those steps!

The extra motivation comes from this site, folks like YOU here in the forums :D , and the INCREDIBLE food database for calorie tracking, which has FAR exceeded my expectations. I used to pay $$ for yearly subscriptions to another calorie tracking site, but I am beyond impressed with the quality of MFP and the resources here.
  • chipstickgirl
    chipstickgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always wish I could bottle the feeling I have after I have exercised!
  • fat__loser
    fat__loser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dude, when you get that synergy going on...

Exercise, diet and sleep! Ohhh yeahhhh

Now Saturday mornings, I still want to lounge around in bed, but I assure you that I'm quite happy when I do so.

But the biggest thing for me was not exercise (ballroom dancing 5 nights a week and gym in the mornings). It was diet. Which let me sleep. Which made it more likely to get up in the morning and go lift weights.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Exercise tends to make me feel productive, like I can rest because I've made headway in my world.

I have a friend that I find super weird. He actually develops a depressed state the day after working out. A huge part of what makes exercise worth it to me is how great I feel the next day, but for him, apparently it's torture.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Yes! I didn't want to workout today as I was feeling lazy. I'm glad I did though as I feel sooooo good after lifting heavy weights!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Beside being high on endorphin straight after my workout no - i still hate people as much as i used to before.
  • Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The work out itself doesn't do much for me, but the effects it has longer terms on things like my endurance and strength always make me super happy when I notice them. It's an amazing feeling to be able to get your body to do something that it simply couldn't do before.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Exercise ALWAYS boosts my mood. Some days I just wake up ready to be active, but other times it's a challenge. On those days, the hardest part is getting started, but once I do, my whole day is better when I work out. When I don't exercise, my energy and mood tank.
  • jlaw_1992
    jlaw_1992 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with everybody else. Exercise is as essential to my morning as my coffee or else I just have a terrible day.
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I feel much better beginning my day with some exercise. At minimum a brisk walk. I stop my car and walk in a park on the way to work if I don't have time to walk before I leave for work. Also I ride my bike part way and either drive the rest with my bike in the car or take the bike on the bus. Those days are really great for me because my work is at the top of a steep hill.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yes! Actually if I get a little cranky my husband will ask if I got my run or workout in that day. Most days that I am cranky I haven't.
  • veronicakelly351
    veronicakelly351 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    [Yes got 1350 cal a day limit but get more with the walking. I dont eat the extra if i can help it. But dont worry if i go over a bit. Ive decided ill try and earn 500 extra and if i go over that I can eat them :-

work Exercise is a fantastic stress reliever and mood-lifter for me. Improves my quality of sleep, my concentration, and helps me be less uptight and anxious. I am a massive worrier who overthinks every tiny thing and always predicts the worst; I have never been diagnosed with anything but I do feel it interferes with my life on occasion. Regular exercising seems to keep me more upbeat. I find everyday stresses easier to cope with if I get at least 3 hours a week to myself to walk, run, swim, play badminton, or go to the gym. [/quote]
    Yes! Actually if I get a little cranky my husband will ask if I got my run or workout in that day. Most days that I am cranky I haven't.
    iamnotjess wrote: »
    I've been at it for about 3 weeks and I just started feeling the change! It took a bit. Are you tracking your food too?

• veronicakelly351
    Options
    [That's always been my problem. Getting going. Now I can't wait to get going to earn my steps. I even walk up and down while on the phone in the house and walk up and down the kitchen whilst cooking. "]It makes me feel a lot better and really reduces my stress levels. It is just so hard to get myself to exercise. After its over, I am so glad I did it. So I don't know why it's still so hard to get moving when it makes me feel so much better about life. [/quote]

• veronicakelly351
    Options
    [I know the feeling. Laying awake with everything through your mind " onwards and upwards for us then :-)]

Exercise is a fantastic stress reliever and mood-lifter for me. Improves my quality of sleep, my concentration, and helps me be less uptight and anxious. I am a massive worrier who overthinks every tiny thing and always predicts the worst; I have never been diagnosed with anything but I do feel it interferes with my life on occasion. Regular exercising seems to keep me more upbeat. I find everyday stresses easier to cope with if I get at least 3 hours a week to myself to walk, run, swim, play badminton, or go to the gym. [/quote]

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes, love that endorphin high.

happy-dance-animated-gif-5.gif
  • veronicakelly351
    Options
    Oh dear!. Hope you can overcome the urge to tell them and learn to be more tolerant. Keep smiling (if you ever do) ;-)
    "]Beside being high on endorphin straight after my workout no - i still hate people as much as i used to before.[/quote]

• veronicakelly351
    Options
    [Sounds like a bad at has a similar problem:-/]Exercise tends to make me feel productive, like I can rest because I've made headway in my world.

I have a friend that I find super weird. He actually develops a depressed state the day after working out. A huge part of what makes exercise worth it to me is how great I feel the next day, but for him, apparently it's torture. [/quote]

[Do you have a particular food that lifts your mood?
    ]Dude, when you get that synergy going on...

Exercise, diet and sleep! Ohhh yeahhhh

Now Saturday mornings, I still want to lounge around in bed, but I assure you that I'm quite happy when I do so.

But the biggest thing for me was not exercise (ballroom dancing 5 nights a week and gym in the mornings). It was diet. Which let me sleep. Which made it more likely to get up in the morning and go lift weights.[/quote]