Not losing

Options
2»

Replies

• kimzy132124
    kimzy132124 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you doing weights every day to the same body region? If you are dont. Split it up. Upper, lower, core/back. Then cardio. Your diet looks good. As well make sure you aren't under eating or over eating. Under eating will affect your muscle growth and over eating will make so you're not burning as much.
  • chrisspenard
    chrisspenard Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • aboldish22
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day?? You may not be eating nearly enough if you are really burning that many calories at the gym
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    OK ... your ticker shows 13 pounds to lose.
    What is your current weekly loss goal?
    Height?
    Current weight?
    Activity level outside of deliberate exercise?
    How are you estimating your exercise burns?

Answers to those questions and an open diary makes giving informed feedback a lot easier.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    mizzmarble wrote: »
    Hi guys

sorry for the late reply... thanks for all your responses.... I drink about 8- 9 glasses of water a day and eat regualry to keep my metabolism up. I don't really eat many carbs (ie. bread). My daily diet tends to consist of things like....

Porridge for breakfast (made with water not milk) and green tea
    200grams of strawberries and 0% fat yoghurt for a mid morning snack
    rice crackers and cottage cheese (reduced fat) for lunch and some celery or carrot sticks
    15grams of melon for a mid afternoon snack
    for tea I would have something along the lines veg, salmon and a few boiled potatos
    or a ham and tomato omlette made with skimmed milk.

I weigh everything I eat too so I know the exact calories for them using my diary on here.

plus the gym 7 days a week! mixture of weights and cardio. Most times at the gym on cardio alone I burn a minimum of 700 - 800 cals....plus then weights too......its just doesn't make sense! surely it should be dropping off?!

I do feel more toned and clothes are looser like i say, I just want to see the scale change... arghhhh... what else can I do??? :(

Claire :)

How many calories does that add up to a day? What is your goal? That all sounds very low.

Where are you getting those calorie burns from? 700 is incredibly high.
  • mizzmarble
    mizzmarble Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    calories burned is based on what the cardio machines actually say ive burned on the machines. ie. 35 mins on a stepper at level 16 - 18 resistance, = 600 cals plus other cardio I do such as tread mill 10 mins = 100cals, etc etc.

i spend an hour to 2 hours every day at the gym. my calroies always total what ever the net amount shoows on my diary calculater on here. dependant on how much exersize ive burned. my basic calories intake is 1200.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Your ticker shows you don't have much to lose. Accurate logging is more critical now with the reudced margin for errors. Those exercise burns are highly inflated.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Can't see what you're eating since your diary is closed. Are you creating a caloric deficit? That's the first and most important thing when you want the scale going down. What's this diet you're on? Are you weighing the foods you eat with a digital food scale or just going willy nilly with it? Do you know how many calories you need to stay at maintenance?
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    One month isnt enough time to really see a difference.

I am a firm believer that a scale is NOT a measure of health or fitness...

I advise you to drop the scale and look more at how your body looks, feels and performs...

THIS X10000000

• jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    mizzmarble wrote: »

i spend an hour to 2 hours every day at the gym. my calroies always total what ever the net amount shoows on my diary calculater on here. dependant on how much exersize ive burned. my basic calories intake is 1200.

Are you eating back any of those exercise calories? 1200 is awfully low. I aim for 1300-1400. You actually may want to start eating more.

• mizzmarble
    mizzmarble Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    yea i eat back my calories so that i always net 1200.
  • Keep Trying :smile: :):)
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    If the goal is hard weight loss, you gotta have the scale and live by both weighing yourself AND your food.

Agree. Check out this video comparison of two complete daily allotments of food. They look nearly the same, but one contains nearly twice the calories of the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU#t=260

Unless you are working with processed foods, portion measurement can be difficult. I have a cheap digital food scale I bought at Target for less than $20 I think. Actually I think it was less than $10.

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'll make the assumption that you've set your loss goals to 1 or 2 pounds per week? Because you have very little to lose overall, I'd recommend setting your loss goal to 1/2 pound/week loss. Eat back 1/2 of your exercise calories (machines tend to exaggerate the calorie burn, or even better use an HRM for your cardio workouts). You'll get there! Patience is key!
  • sombrefawn
    sombrefawn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If the goal is hard weight loss, you gotta have the scale and live by both weighing yourself AND your food.

Agree. Check out this video comparison of two complete daily allotments of food. They look nearly the same, but one contains nearly twice the calories of the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU#t=260

Unless you are working with processed foods, portion measurement can be difficult. I have a cheap digital food scale I bought at Target for less than $20 I think. Actually I think it was less than $10.

I just want to say thank you to MM for posting this video!! I weigh all my foods and liquids when possible. I have never seen a stronger case for using a digital scale than THIS.