Fitbit or Jawbone?

Options
Recently everyone I know has purchased some sort of fitness tracker in order to help them achieve their goals. I'm looking for something that's going to calculate my calories burned based off of my heart rate (resting and during exercise). I don't really care about how much steps I've taken. I've heard good things about both fitbit and jawbones so can anybody reccomend which is the better device, or is there a different fitness tracker that you think will better suit my goals? Thanks!

Replies

• 4thDegreeKnight
    4thDegreeKnight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can speak to Jawbone, I've gone trough 3 - from the previous release to the latest release. I loved the look and loved the app. However it would stop syncing, stop charging, or just go dead as a doorknob. After three I went to the Garmin Vivofit because I know they make stuff that can take a beating from my hiking experience. I also noticed Fitbit has a lot more followers if you want the community support.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and the heart rate monitor does not accurately provide your heart rate. I dont use it to track calories for exercise based on the heart rate reading. I use my polar chest strap HR monitor for more accurate heart rate. I do like the Charge HR however as i enjoying fiddling with it and looking at the graphs and such on the Fitbit app.