is runtastic app accurate

Options
downloaded and used runtastic app, is calories and distance with the gsp setting accurate??

Replies

• JessieePoooh
    JessieePoooh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump -
    Am wondering this too. I used the Runtastic app yesterday for the first time for my bike ride. I rode 10 miles in 1hr and 30 minutes and burned 307 calories. Does that sound accurate? I went up/down hills aswell.
  • ddslowly
    ddslowly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i only have the free version so, no calorie count from them but, it does seem to be fairly accurate with its steps/distance measurements.
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i only have the free version so, no calorie count from them but, it does seem to be fairly accurate with its steps/distance measurements.
    yes the free version has the calorie count:)
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've been using the free version of runtastic for a while now. Seems like on some things (especially running on a treadmill) it estimates high. I've used it for walking the neighborhood and jogging to the gym, oh and hiking. I get so many different numbers (MFP #'s, HRM #'s, runtastic, health discovery calorie burn calculator) that I've decided to just eat back half of my burned calories to be on the safe side.

As far as gps is concerned it seems pretty darn accurate, even showed us hiking on our trails out at the santa rosa plateau.
  • liveit
    liveit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I ran the same rout today as yesterday, but Runtastic logged more calories and distance today. This is concerning. Does anyone else have any experience with this? I'm using the Runtastic Pro App.
  • giampi260271
    Options
    It depends everything on GPS precision. So if you can provide the full data of the 2 sessions (distance, duration, calories) we can evaluate better. And of course if your weight changed there could be another little variation on calories burned.
  • kayluvv
    kayluvv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, the cals burned on runtastic and the cals burned on myfitnesspal app. are completely different when I enter the same info.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I use runtastic and a Garmin watch. The app is pretty accurate as far as distance. It's a little high on the calories burned though. I would not eat those all back, it's over estimating.
  • sazm1219
    sazm1219 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm wondering if a heart rate monitor would help with the accuracy of the actual calories burned. Any thoughts?
  • giampi260271
    Options
    You mean with Runtastic? If so no, the HR is not considered for calories calculation.
  • sazm1219
    sazm1219 Posts: 10
    Options
    There is an option to synch a HR monitor with runtastic. Is it simply to log heart rate then? I was under the impression it helps with calculating calories burned. Now I'm confused
  • JoniBeth4979
    Options
    I Run-Walk-Run, with a usual pace of 4.8mph and a fast speed at 8mph. How should I log that in Runtastic, to be accurate? Running or Walking?? Thanks for the help!