21 Day Fix

Options
lynnweil1985
lynnweil1985 Posts: 32 Member
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
This Monday 2/23/2015 I am starting my first round of the 21dayFix plan.. I am so super excited for something new. I love MFP but I am so tired of counting calories. Has anyone ever done this program.. what are your thoughts.. pro and cons welcomed!!! Anyone doing it right now, and want to be a support team for one another... add me!!!

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I did the program in the fall and it was AWESOME! I lost 6lbs and 10 inches and really helped me to get over counting calories (nothing wrong with it but I LOVE how the 21DF helps you to focus on NUTRIENTS and does the counting for you).

Feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 22?
  • sbicica
    sbicica Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love the fix so far! I'm only on day 3 but the videos are great (sooooo sore) and the program itself is a great way to teach you good habits to use forever (not just 21 days)
  • Hoyt0529
    Options
    Hello. I have done the 21 day fix 3 times already. Its amazing. It provides you 30 minute workouts that you can fit in your daily routine and a helpful eating plan you can make into a lifestyle change not just a diet for short term. Using this app in conjunction with that program is very helpful. I also suggest being part of a challenge group on FB if you are on FB, it helps keep you motivated. Do you have a coach?
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    sbicica wrote: »
    I love the fix so far! I'm only on day 3 but the videos are great (sooooo sore) and the program itself is a great way to teach you good habits to use forever (not just 21 days)
    Also on day 3. Love the workouts thus far, not using the containers, just continuing on with MFP tracking. The containers just seem too fussy to me, I am now used to using my scale, and, well, with the busy household I would probably never see the things again.
    For all the folks here who have to throw out the tired "What happens on Day 22?" question, I just have to ask, wtf do you care? Gimmick? Kind of. But everyone learns differently, some are spacial, some visual, hands on, learn by reading, whatever. I find the idea of calorie tracking for the rest of time to be just as annoying as the idea of counting containers. If it works for someone to count in blocks of food rather than calories per gram, what do you care?
  • lynnweil1985
    lynnweil1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I took a break from MFP while doing the 21day fix... and for those who are asking what happens on 22... you start all over. I did great my first round.. and although her workouts are part of my everyday.. I did stop the meal prep. I didn't gain though.. I maintained which is good. I am ready to drop the beer and grab and apple again though. I love the workouts and I am almost done with my second full round of the 21 day fix, and have a goal to do two more rounds right in a row. it was a 9 week challenge I gave to myself.. so far so good. :wink: