Healthy Cookies

Options
Does anybody have any ideas for a cookie alternative? I made three-ingredient bites a few days ago (oatmeal, low-fat peanut butter, a ripe banana, processed together then baked for 10 mins). These were nice, but is there anything without the peanut butter?

Ideally, I''d like to add linseed or flaxseed, keep the oatmeal and mashed banana.

Any suggestions welcomed and appreciated! :blush:

Replies

• fuente5275
    Options
    Hi, I made a batch of raw cookies, not sure if that's something you're interested in but they are pretty good and take care of my sweet tooth. There's no exact recipe, I just kind of created it. I have a ninja smoothie maker so I used that to blend all the ingredients. I used what I had on hand like lots of dried organic fruits like dates, goji berries, figs, apricots, mango, cranberries, cashews, walnuts, almonds, coconut, flax, chia, raw cacao nibs, vanilla extract and a little water all blended together. It's sticky, I rolled up little balls and pressed them into organic shredded coconut then froze them. I keep then in a ziplock freezer bag in the freezer and just take one and eat it frozen when I have a sweet tooth. They are soft frozen so you won't hurt your teeth. Hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck creating.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
  • DannyFarrington
    Options
    Brilliant suggestions, going to give them all a try (maybe not at the same time)!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of these each week...

Pumpkin Banana Apple Oatmeal Protein Bars

Wet Ingredients:
    • 2 large or 3 small ripe (cheetah spotted) bananas
    • 4 large eggs
    • 1 1/2 cups milk
    • 1/4 cup plain yogurt
    • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
    • 1 cup pureed pumpkin
    • 1 tsp vanilla

Dry Ingredients:
    • 2 cups old fashioned oats (don't use the quick oats)
    • 1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar (or whatever sweetener you like)
    • 2 tbs vanilla protein powder (optional...the original recipe called for 4 scoops, but that was too much for me)
    • 2 tbs ground flax seed
    • 1 tsp baking powder
    • 1 tsp apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
    • 1/4 tsp ground ginger

Add Ons (Add whatever you like. My favs are walnuts and raisins.):
    • 1/2 cup raisins
    • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (pecans are good too)

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and in another bow mix the wet ingredients.
    3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until mixed well.
    4. Stir in the add-ons.
    5. Spray a 9 x 11 baking dish and pour the batter into the dish.
    6. Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 50 minutes.
    7. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
    8. Cut into 8 large meal-size bars or 16 snack size bars.
    9. Wrap each bar in plastic wrap to have grab-and-go bars.
    10. Store in the refrigerator. The bars are good cold out of the fridge, at room temperature, or warmed up.

4d0pvbrf3ysd.jpg
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I made black bean brownies the other day...tasty :)