Newbie with Jawbone UP24

Options
I'm returning to MyFitnessPal after being away for a very long while. I decided that my first fitness goal needed to be just to track what I'm eating just to see what I'm doing now. But of course observation changes reality. So just tracking could be of some effect. I also decided to get a new toy, a Jawbone UP24. For now, my main goal with that is to regain something of a regular sleep schedule. Even Jawbone agrees that there's not much regular about the way I sleep. Since I moved out on my own, I have been sleeping or awake at just about any hour around the clock. In the last few days, I've started to rein that in a bit. I'm going to do this one little step at a time, the kaizen way.

Replies

• tgattsh
    Options
    I'm also returning from a long absence. Been going strong since Jan 1. I deal with sleep issues as well, can't go without Ambien, unless I'm fit. Have a goal of 65lbs and lost 22 so far. Good luck!
  • mindhorizon
    Options
    There was a time when I was dealing with insomnia, but I was having difficulty finding something that worked. I went through the insurance company's entire formulary and another one that wasn't on it. Turned out the best thing for me is the Kirkland Sleep Aid from Costco, when it's necessary. Eventually, I'd like to reduce about 60#. One thing at a time, though. There's a lot going on in my life right now, so I need to be very kind to myself.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet

Your UP total burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), aka your maintenance calories. If you eat less than that, you will lose weight.