Beat head/earphones for working out?

Options
Looking for some good recommendations. The cheaper the better. Thanks!

Replies

• jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Not cheap, but the Bluetooth beats by Dr Dre
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hey,
    People may disagree with me on this but I'd suggest staying clear of those headphones which block out external noise.... You know the ear plug type ones.

I bought a fairly good pair for running... Yer they blocked out the traffic noise but all I could hear was my internal sounds like breathing. The sound of my feet on the pavement was like a jack hammer in my head lol and that was over the sound of my music. I switched back to my cheap ipod headphones.

If you want bluetooth wireless I'd suggest getting a wireless reciever into which you can plug any headphones. That way you can chop and change heaephones as you please. Sonys SBH20 is great!

Shaun.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Apple earpods - cheap, never fall off and can blast the volume to decent headbanging levels!
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love my Panasonic ergonomic earbuds (for about $20). They're comfortable, stay in and have amazing sound quality for the price.

And I agree that the external noise cancelling variety suck! The sounds of my breathing, the cord running along the zipper of my jacket, my feeting hitting the pavement all reverberated in my head and were really distracting, completely preventing me from enjoying my tunes. External noises were better!
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yurbuds are great. Cheap and secure. But the ear hook comes off too easily. I lost the hook last week, so switched to a pair of chep Sony that have an ear loop that slips completely over the ear. I don't know the model, but I got them at Walmart for $20. IMHO it's crazy to buy expensive earphones for the gym. It's just not the environment for a great sonic experience.
  • reedzen
    reedzen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would go for really cheap earbuds. Not only can you hear traffic sounds through them, but when they break (which they will, sweat is bad for headphones) you will only be out 15-20 bucks.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Assuming the same basic design type, they're all the same. I like headphones that hang off the top of my ears for out of town multi-hour bike trips and soft rubber earbuds for if I'm walking at the mall or something along those lines.