Recipe Database Help

Options
tuckyfatbutt
tuckyfatbutt Posts: 28 Member
I need to know HOW to access recipes other's have shared in the database for ingredient content? This should be basic information for anyone using the site. IF I submit a recipe it's only reasonable for other's to be able to follow the instructions and read ingredients. How hard is it to allow that when logging a food? We can see the nutritional info, why not A READ ONLY recipe.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You can't. It's been an "upcoming feature" for literally YEARS, but MFP isn't so good with the actually useful updates, just the shiny ones that usually go wrong anyway.
  • kilinnnda
    Options
    Can we upload recipes to MFP? For example, pinterist recipes that already have nutrition info done. That should be an option, I feel like I'm doing this the wrong way. I have to add my recipes manually and some are all online already and just click away. Send me a reply if any off u know a easier way please. Thank u.
  • arsherma
    arsherma Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    kilinnnda wrote: »
    Can we upload recipes to MFP? For example, pinterist recipes that already have nutrition info done. That should be an option, I feel like I'm doing this the wrong way. I have to add my recipes manually and some are all online already and just click away. Send me a reply if any off u know a easier way please. Thank u.
    You can addrecipeson the computer if you go to the tab for food, click on the recipe importer. Basically, you can just cut and paste the recipe link and it will calculate the cals. Plus it will be available on your mobile app as well. Hope it helps! @kilinnnda
  • tuckyfatbutt
    tuckyfatbutt Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thank You for responding. Wonder if there's another site that is more user friendly when it comes to adding/reading recipes. Will check back in a few days to see if anyone has posted anything else
  • kilinnnda
    Options
    arsherma wrote: »
    kilinnnda wrote: »
    You can addrecipeson the computer if you go to the tab for food, click on the recipe importer. Basically, you can just cut and paste the recipe link and it will calculate the cals. Plus it will be available on your mobile app as well. Hope it helps! @kilinnnda

Thank you, that' very helpful to know. I'll try right now.
  • KathrynK4474
    KathrynK4474 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new and just ran into this issue as well. I am stunned that is not available. I see recipes in the database that sound good by title (and I want to add to my day) but have no way to click and view them?!