I am trying this and is gaining weight I have added exercise
My food diaries are open if anyone has the chance to look or
have experienced this
Feeling discouraged

Replies

• taylormoooon
    taylormoooon Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh all of your food on a scale?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale? how do you calculate your exercise burns?
    Looking at your diary, it looks like you may not be picking the right entries in the database.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've only been at it for less than 2 weeks? If so, give it some more time.

According to your profile you only have 20lbs to lose. It might go slowly.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    As above.
    And I gotta ask... Do you really only have 28g of sultana bran?? I have 135g. What about milk with your cereal?
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well majority of days you're eating more than your allotted calories plus exercise calories. If you're on 1200 calories and exercise 400 that's 1600 for the day to eat but when you eat 2400 you aren't creating a deficit.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Then other days you eat 1000 calories, work out 500....,
  • kellymoore104203
    kellymoore104203 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    As above.
    And I gotta ask... Do you really only have 28g of sultana bran?? I have 135g. What about milk with your cereal?
    I eat 1/3 of a cup of cereal and 1/4 1 percent milk

• kellymoore104203
    Options
    taycupcake wrote: »
    Do you weigh all of your food on a scale?
    Yes all except my fruit which I am trying to remember

• queenliz99
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • kellymoore104203
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    WOW WOW WOW ..... thank you for sharing glad I asked and got this information early on

• queenliz99
    Options
    Right?? I was doing it all wrong until I saw this. Mind blown.
  • kellymoore104203
    Options
    The thing is my daily log except for one day is saying I will lose weight within 5 weeks.
    I am 49 and menopausal have not had my period since July but the past two days have been spotting and I feel like I am going to get them I am hoping their is some weight fluctuation that I will be able to at least track. However I have made sacrifices I switched from cream to milk in my coffee drinking my measured 8 glassed of water a day exercise
    I will be using my scale versus measuring cups and spoons from this point on
  • queenliz99
    Options
    And since you have not much to lose, here something else you should read.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    As above.
    I eat 1/3 of a cup of cereal and 1/4 1 percent milk

I thought 28g was equal to approximately 3/4 cup. I actually just weigh my cereal out since 28g is just under 1oz.
  • reeyonce
    reeyonce Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm gaining weight too.
    I have gained 4lbs this week I'm absolutely furious. I won't give up (even though I feel like it) but what's the point in working so hard only to GAIN weight when I'm already a beached whale?!
    I don't understand why I'm gaining so I definitely wouldn't know why u are. But I feel ur pain lol.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    reeyonce wrote: »
    I'm gaining weight too.
    I have gained 4lbs this week I'm absolutely furious. I won't give up (even though I feel like it) but what's the point in working so hard only to GAIN weight when I'm already a beached whale?!
    I don't understand why I'm gaining so I definitely wouldn't know why u are. But I feel ur pain lol.

4lbs in a week is a lot!! This would mean you went way over your maintenance calories pretty much everyday.
    I wonder how much of that 4lbs is water weight??
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The thing is my daily log except for one day is saying I will lose weight within 5 weeks.
    I am 49 and menopausal have not had my period since July but the past two days have been spotting and I feel like I am going to get them I am hoping their is some weight fluctuation that I will be able to at least track. However I have made sacrifices I switched from cream to milk in my coffee drinking my measured 8 glassed of water a day exercise
    I will be using my scale versus measuring cups and spoons from this point on

You are close and will get what you want. <3
    One suggestion is to consider increasing your protein a little. Perhaps move a few calories from the carbs to protein.
  • reeyonce
    reeyonce Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    reeyonce wrote: »
    I'm gaining weight too.

4lbs in a week is a lot!! This would mean you went way over your maintenance calories pretty much everyday.
    I wonder how much of that 4lbs is water weight??

All of it must be water weight because I haven't gone over anything :/
  • kellymoore104203
    Options
    Overnight I am back down to 150 from 153 that it was showing last night that is a huge fluctuation .. showing lost 1/2 inch on hips .. today is my weigh in day
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're eating a lot of sodium (water retention). You are also over your allotment quite a bit.