aqua aerobics?

Options
Does anyone do aqua aerobics? I have arthritis in my knees and severe asthma so most other exercise is out for me.. but would like to hear if its as good as it sounds

Replies

• playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I do it when shifts allow. Great fun and doesn't feel like an exercise class at all. Our pool does two types, half hour gentle sessions and a slightly more vigorous 45 minute session. However I usually do a few laps of pool before or after sessions so I do the ones that fit in rather than go for the level.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    its hugely popular and also extremely beneficial.
    join a class today!
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I do it! I have a bad neck from a past injury, and love that I can jump around and do stuff that I can't on land (impact=major pain for me). My class is a great workout... we do squats, lunges, jumping jacks, weights, ab work, and lots of cardio. These classes are really good for anyone, but particularly beneficial for those with mobility issues as there is little to no impact, and the exercises can be modified. I seriously love going to aqua, and really suggest that you check out some classes and see which ones work for you. :)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I used to do them regularly. I love them! I have had three knee surgeries and have a dislocated pelvis/sacral joint so it was a great way to exercise without adding to my injuries. I would still go if I could find a local place that offers it without having to be a member of the gym. (I love my current gym but nope, no pool.)
  • cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to find your post. I teach Aqua classes through out the week. All different levels. Since you have arthritis another thing you may want to see if there is a warm water pool in your area. The pool I work in is 90 degrees. And is very kind to the joints. Many of your local Ys have classes you could start out in. Or you could go and get in the water on your own at first to see how you feel. It is great support on your joints as well as resistance. I think you will love it. If you would like to add me as a friend I would really like that.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I've done it a couple of times, Aqua Boot camp and Aqua Zumba. they're both fun!