Fat Test Results

Options
This morning I have had a Bodystat test done at the gym, it gives all sorts of exciting information and I now have my actual fat weight, lean weight, water weight etc.
It has also given me my bmr as 1466 and my tdee as 2199. MFP me set at 1290 cals a day (1lb loss a week), the lady at the gym told me this is too low as it doesn't even meet my bmr.

I am confused now, I have been losing nicely (10lbs in 5 weeks) and even though this is obviously 2lbs a week I assumed this was due to to a nice chunk at the start (water weight) and also I don't eat back my exercise cals. So should I carry on as I have been doing or should I up my daily cals to about 1500??

I am 5ft 5, age 41, sw 175lbs, cw 164.5lbs.
Many thanks for any advice!

Replies

• jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Depends on how healthy you feel and if you have a timescale for losing the weight. If you're healthy, happy and have plenty of energy, I'd carry on as you are. If you are feeling a bit worn out by it, take your time and enjoy the energy boost from those extra calories!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    i also use similar inbody scale readings from the gym to help in my journey.
    its great to have an accurate measure of weight,body fat %,whr(weight to hip ratio) and other stats.
    i 100% use mfp figures tho.
    these differ because you have set quite an aggressive weekly weight loss from your low base,and i think the gym lady was giving correct,and polite,advice to reduce your weekly target to .5lb a week and up your calories.
    this fits the recommendations here on mfp too, as losing 2lb a week is a target with someone looking to lose over 50lbs.which you have done for 5 weeks so far,but really need to moderate.
    how much are you looking to lose in total?
    congrats on loss so far and keeping on track.
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the replies :smile:

CW106 I think you're right, I have just readjusted my target and if I go to "Lose 0.5lbs a week" mfp gives me 1520 cals a day.

My target weight is 147lbs although I may readjust when I get there. I think what I'll do is carry on as I am until I hit 161lbs (1stone lost in total) then readjust it to 0.5lbs loss a week which will give me extra calories as I plan to start heavy lifting then. At the moment I'm still really motivated so it seems daft to slow things down while I'm still super keen :smile: