p90x

Options
I plan to start p90x is there anything I should do or know before I start? ( I borrowed the videos from a friend thats doesn't do it. So i don't have anything else that came with it. )

Replies

• Watchinherbackthistime
    Options
    Just go for it drink plenty of water and stick to it it is hard at first but it gets easier after ure 1st week
  • Dch102801
    Dch102801 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    P90X was one of the first programs I did to get back in shape and I had great results. It's hard work but the payoff is awesome. I'm actually thinking about doing another round of it.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It was the 1st program I tried too. I found protein drinks after the workouts helped--I was still plenty sore, but it helped. I know it says Rest or Stretch on Sundays; but I would suggest the X Stretch, because it helps with flexibility and it was just a relaxing hour after a hard week of workouts.
    Good luck!
  • thirdred
    thirdred Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pray :) All jokes aside...nothing will truly prepare you. Just start and do your best.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You'll need a pull-up bar (or resistance bands) and free weights for P90x.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    It's a great program. I love it.
  • evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    - Don't fast forward any parts when you are getting tired or lazy.
    - Don't get discouraged if you can't do a movement. It takes time before you start getting in the grove of things. It's tough if its your first time but its well worth it..
    - Try starting with a friend. This can help get you even more motivated (maybe place a bet! ;))
    - Have water handy!

• jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    MissAnjy wrote: »
    You'll need a pull-up bar (or resistance bands) and free weights for P90x.

I was going to suggest that you research what equipment you would need. I personally haven't done it but I know my husband ended up investing in a pull up bar and free weights.
  • Dch102801
    Dch102801 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys/gals
  • MrBryGuy
    MrBryGuy Posts: 115
    Options
    You'll need the pull up bar and resistance bands. If you have a gym you can go to, you can use their free weights and pull up bars. You will also need access to a chair and a yoga mat.