When to weigh in?

Options
Hi all. Just a quick question. When is the best time to do my weigh in? Mornings or evening? Thanks

Replies

• jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Morning and consistently. Do not switch. Why? Empty stomach.
  • tarheelboy
    tarheelboy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What I have noticed is my weight fluctuates 1 to 3 pounds a day. You wont know if you are weighing on a heavy day or a light ay. I weigh same time every day and average it out.
  • spannerlou84
    spannerlou84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing of a morning and wondered if this was cheating as I'm always lighter first thing haha. But if everyone is saying it's ok, I'll stick with that haha.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,801 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Doesn't matter that much as long as you're consistent with what you do. Don't weigh morning one day and evening the next, for example. I weigh daily, after using the bathroom but before getting dressed. Of course it can be a bit annoying to go to the doctor later in the day and get weighed with clothes and shoes on - so you feel like you gained 5 pounds in a few hours. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing of a morning and wondered if this was cheating as I'm always lighter first thing haha. But if everyone is saying it's ok, I'll stick with that haha.

It's important to feel good and see results... That's what makes it fun, right? Don't give up.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Mornings, first thing after you wake up and use the bathroom. But as long as you stick with a consistent time, that's all that matters.
  • elphabawicked18
    elphabawicked18 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do it in the morning, as well. It's important to have it at the same tim.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    whenever you want, just be consistent. same time, place and scale each time.
  • spannerlou84
    Options
    Brilliant thanks all. X
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Morning is going to give you the most accurate/consistent reading because presumably if you use the restroom and weigh before you eat/drink anything you are getting your actual weight reading. If you did it later in the day you would have variations every single day just from whatever amount you had eaten or drank prior to weighing. Definitely not cheating :smile:
  • spannerlou84
    Options
    :D I am very happy about this. Haha
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    And not a stitch of clothing! Even undies could weigh .12 pounds! LOL