PLEASE HELP!!! LEG DAY!

Options
2»

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice, I have now used your advice and information that I have found online to create a simple routine can you guys tell me what you think!!

12 reps of each exercise with 15 seconds rest in between

1. Squats without dumbells
    2. Squats with dumbells
    3. Lunges without dumbells
    4. Lunges with dumbells
    5. Dead lifts
    6. Calf raises

All these exercises I can do with dumbells therefore I might not even need to go to the gym instead I might get a set on 20kg dumbells that allows you to lower the weight if necessary (which I think I would need to lol). Do you think this routine will be affective over time and help me to tone my legs?

No. This is terrible. With all due respect, you are waaaaaaaay too inexperienced to be trying to make your own plan. And that first one you posted was terrible, too.

Either follow ninerbuff's advice, or get on a tried and true program like the one's that have been mentioned already - StrongLifts, Starting Strength, AllPro's Beginner, or the like.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're only wanting to do legs because you're thinking that training them will make them smaller. I could be wrong. But if you are, then just know that direct training a body part won't spot reduce fat off that body part. Exercise is for health and fitness. Calorie deficit is for weight loss.

That said, if you're a beginner then keep it simple:

Squats
    Deadlifts
    Single leg calf raise on a step or stair

3 sets of 10 reps.

Do this for a couple of weeks focusing on FORM and EXECUTION. You can add later once you master how to do these correctly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I'm doing cardio 6 times a week. I wanted to include 2 days of leg day because I want to tone my legs. If I do start to work on my legs then my cardio will be 4 times a week instead of 6.
    Again if you're thinking fat loss off the legs, working them out directly isn't going to achieve it any faster. That still comes down to calorie deficit.
    Working the legs should be accomplished because you want to maintain/increase muscle strength, have good fitness with them or because you're increasing size.
    Not trying to deter you from doing them, it just sounds like you're looking to train them to make them smaller.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Squats and DL's is all one needs to build legs. Add in Lunges & Calf Raises as finishers to polish em off.