On the Job

Options
jlids102
jlids102 Posts: 3 Member
I work in a bank, and I was wondering if I should add my daily movements of walking back and forth every which way to my excerise diary?
Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I don't count movement that is part of a typical day. Only what is above and beyond, workouts, walks, probably would count excessive work around the house inside or out. In the back of my head is always the quote that we tend to overestimate the calories we burn and underestimate the calories we consume.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I would only consider adding something if it was a moderate exercise (fast paced walking) that is done AT LEAST ten minutes at a time.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    If you're really grabbing at straws to find cals burnt, go ahead. But, maybe a little more time at the gym would be more effective.
  • jlids102
    jlids102 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I spend 3 nights a week at the gym...I just had twins finding more time then that would be missing out on my beautiful family.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Only if it gets your heart going. Try tightening your muscles up when you walk to add a tiny bit of a burn to it.
  • PerfectMisfit
    PerfectMisfit Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I suppose it matters if you have already accounted for that movement in your daily calories.