looking for new friends to motivate

Options
mbryant322
mbryant322 Posts: 42 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello :)

I'm a 27, almost 28 year old from Boston, MA. Looking for friends to help keep me on track to accolplish my goals. I have always wanted to run a 5k and I have signed up for one for one in April. My biggest problem is carbs and cheese burgers. I just started back at the gym last week. I am not overly over weight but need to lose about 20 pounds, as per my doctor. I am very heavy chested which makes most workouts difficult. Please share your journeys and feel free to add me and I'll be sure to motivate you as well.

Your new friend,
Melanie

Replies

• mbryant322
    Options
    Lost 8 pounds so far. Doing really well, but could always use the extra push! Feel free to add me! I'll encourage and cheer you on as well!
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi Melanie! That's awesome you signed up for your first 5K! I have the last 15 to lose, but I've read/heard that it's the hardest. I'll send you a FR for support! :)
  • smithrhe
    smithrhe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Melanie, how is the training going for the 5k? I am running one on Saturday, hoping signing up for that would push me harder to train for the 1/2 marathon in May. So far, I stay active but I am not a 'runner'. I am going to keep trying though!! Good Luck!
  • zenabb728
    Options
    Hey. Sounds great what you're doing. Keep it up!
  • KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm just starting back into a routine and looking to lose about 15 lbs. I would love to friend some motivated people to help keep me motivated too :-)
  • mbryant322
    Options
    Training is good, doing the couch to 5k app and I'm on week 3 day 2. I've never been a runner and my body aches but it's all good stuff. I am doing 3 days walking/running, 2 days strength training and 1 day a zumba class. So far I love the routine. The 5k will be a good challenge, looking forward to it! Good luck to you! 1/2 marathon I can't even imagine right now! Sounds like a really good goal though! :)
    smithrhe wrote: »
    Melanie, how is the training going for the 5k? I am running one on Saturday, hoping signing up for that would push me harder to train for the 1/2 marathon in May. So far, I stay active but I am not a 'runner'. I am going to keep trying though!! Good Luck!

• jkrunner80
    jkrunner80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Be careful though...running is addictive. I started with a 10k years ago just to drop some pounds. Now I've finished 2 marathons, 9 half marathons and a few in between. :)