searching for vegan meals to gain weight and also rich in protein.

Options
Hey everyone,
I'm seeking to gain weight but only through vegan meals. I need protein too as I work out daily. I'm having trouble finding such combination in a meal so if anyone could give any suggestion then that'd be very helpful.

Replies

• nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    All the seitan, beans, tofu, tempeh, peas, and protein shakes to supplement if you feel it's needed! ;)
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions! I love lentils and beans. If weight gain is your goal, two words: peanut butter! (unless you’re allergic).

On this note, one thing I remember from my brief vegetarian stint is that you have to combine certain veggies to get a complete protein. You probably now more about this than me, but if not it might be worth looking into. For instance, I know lentils and rice form a complete protein together.

Good luck! :)
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    All the seitan, beans, tofu, tempeh, peas, and protein shakes to supplement if you feel it's needed! ;)

+ nuts,seeds and avocado (lots of fat in them) but try not to buy them fried
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Lentil and bean soups with some sort of grain (quinoa, wild rice, etc. etc.), plus adding say a 1/4 cup of ground almonds adds some calories and makes it nice and creamy.

A bean heavy chili with lots of veggies and slices of avocado and a "faux parmesean" sprinkled on top (ground almonds, nutritional yeast flakes, a bit of salt).

And like others have said, nuts, seeds and avocados are classic whole foods for adding calories if needed.

....boy I wish I could take on your project myself! ;)
  • JordanLomb
    JordanLomb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As a naturally skinny guy, I've had great success with gaining weight & muscle on a vegan diet. My personal favorites were oatmeal, bananas, soy milk, flax seeds, sweet potatoes, and of course PB!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    split pea soup
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    make a raw vegan cheesecake those things are loaded with cashews and perfection

• Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Goggle complementary proteins, learn to mix food groups to create complete proteins. An example is red beans and rice. Soy is a complete protein but do some research and make certain it's right for you. If you or anyone want to friend me I can be more specific.
  • gio14
    gio14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've got a pretty solid 849 cal Vegan shake in this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10078937/all-natural-mass-shake#latest