Advice please!

Options
2»

Replies

• maggpie666999
    Options
    I hate to say this but I was your weight once about 90-100 pounds when I was your age. Do not try to gain weight. It will come with age. I also ate like crazy when I joined the Army so that probably contributed to it. I also started to drink beer, which led to junk food eating, and much restaurant going (got sick of the chow hall).
    This lead to me having to go on a weight loss journey (after I got even fatter after getting out of the Army). So believe me, you are fine 5 foot 4 and 100 pounds is ok, as long as you are healthy. I was very healthy at 100 pounds and energetic. My start weight a few years ago (and I had a break because of my pregnancy because I cannot diet while preggs) was about 189. I had my kid and i was shocked to find that i was 190 post pregnancy (so pregnancy is a good way to put on weight LOL). So I honestly had gained 89 pounds over several years ( I am 158 pounds now, trying to shed the weight). So believe me, your metabolism will slow down and pasta will become not your friend. Give it time. If you do try to put on weight, just be healthy about it (meats, vegetables, dairy, and whole grains). Do not do what I did (junk food, MRE's, fast food, alcohol, buffets etc. I put hedonism bot to shame with my level of hedonism and gluttony.
    Regards,
    Maggpie
  • aalman12
    aalman12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can eat complex carbs like sweet potato and regular potato's. Eating junk food is not good for your body and or health. You can also do almonds, hard boiled eggs, tuna fish in packets make it easy to snack on, low sugar or no sugar added smoothies with protein added. Added foods with fiber will also help keep your body running regular. If you are eating a lot of sodium and sugar it will have a negative effect on your gut health too.