Weight

Options
I think it is really hard to know what to put for a weight on here because it changes every day and through out the day. What do you really weight and what weight should you put on here? Should you do an average? Put your lowest weight you get? Put your highest? It's hard to know exactly how much I weight since it does change a lot.

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I just go by first thing in the morning, naked, after I pee.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Choose a time and day to weigh in. For example: when you wake up on Monday morning. Then always weigh in at that time.

Side note: don't weigh yourself so often throughout the day.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Pick one way to weigh and stick with it. For example, I weigh myself without clothes after going to the bathroom first thing in the morning. You are looking for an overall trend, not an absolute number, during the weight loss process.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I weigh yourself right away in the morning after going to the bathroom...do it naked. Try to only weigh yourself once a week. Weight fluctuations are completely normal and that's why you need to look at the average trend over time and not day to day.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    1x per week first thing in the morning - stop fixating on what you weigh daily or even at certain points during the day.
  • vchan000
    vchan000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use my stark naked after peeing morning weight. So long as you're consistent, it doesn't matter if you update it once a day or once a week. I wouldn't recommend updating it more than once a day though because you're weight does change so much throughout the day.

Anecdotal Ex. After I weigh in the morning my weight slowly raises through the day by about 2-5lbs depending on what I ate, how much I drank, what (if any) exercise I got. If I weigh immediately before bed and again the next morning, I'll be down anywhere from 1.5-4lbs from the previous evening. Rinse and repeat every day. I have to look at the trend over a week, or a month to get a clear view of how much weight I'm actually losing, as the daily numbers change by so much.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but I won't log a weight until I get the same number (or very close) for at least 2 days in a row.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning to watch the trends, but only log on here one day a week
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i weigh every morning and log it. i like to see the ups and downs on my chart
  • krknobbe10
    krknobbe10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I don't weight myself very much. I used to do it once a day but I put the scale away since it is just a number. I was just curious to see what everyone had to say about it.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    vchan000 wrote: »
    I use my stark naked after peeing morning weight. So long as you're consistent, it doesn't matter if you update it once a day or once a week. I wouldn't recommend updating it more than once a day though because you're weight does change so much throughout the day.

Anecdotal Ex. After I weigh in the morning my weight slowly raises through the day by about 2-5lbs depending on what I ate, how much I drank, what (if any) exercise I got. If I weigh immediately before bed and again the next morning, I'll be down anywhere from 1.5-4lbs from the previous evening. Rinse and repeat every day. I have to look at the trend over a week, or a month to get a clear view of how much weight I'm actually losing, as the daily numbers change by so much.

This. Weigh once a day, or once a week if you're not the kind of person who can handle day to day fluctuations. Just make sure you're consistent with the time of day you weigh.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Or, you could just stand on the scale all day and enter a different weight every time it changes.